4 Weeks After Upper Blepharoplasty and Eyes Still Very Hollow and Sunken?

It has been 4 weeks since my proceedure and I am growing even more worried and concerned to the point I feel sick when I look in the mirror. My eyes are still very hollow and sunken and my lids look thick. I look awful and it is depressing me greatly. My eyes are also no longer almond shaped and different shapes. I am avoiding seeing people as I'm so concious of my eyes and how wierd they look. I WISH I NEVER HAD THE OPERATION. HELP!!!!

+1

Preoperative and postoperative photographs would be necessary to provide any meaningful response.   This could be due to fat removal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Four weeks too early to panic after blepharoplasty the pictures would be used.

+1

Much too early panic after blepharoplasty about the final result. Nevertheless, if you want a more informed opinion photographs of be beneficial.

Change in shape after eyelid surgery

+1

I am sorry to hear you have had a difficult recovery from your eyelid surgery.  It sounds as if your eyelids are still swollen after the procedure which would produce the thick appearance to the lids.  This could also explain the asymmetry you are seeing and the change in shape.  By 4 weeks post op the swelling is usually improved so I think a visit with your surgeon to assess your progress would be advisable.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon