3 months PO revision rhino, ive been on antibiotics for 2 months for infection. Will removing the graft eradicate?

Will removing the graft eradicate inflammation and infection. I havent had continuous care as my surgeon is in US and I'm UK. Admitted to NHS hospital 2 months ago purulent abscess, IV antibiotics for 3 days. Continued oral antibiotcs. had 2 follow ups but ENT surgeon discharged me despite the abcsess changing to a growth. my surgeon referred me to a PS who diagnosed pyogenic granuloma and he excised growth 3 weeks ago. It has failed to heal, been referred back to NHS by GP.

+1

All grafts or foreign bodies should be removed, and the infection should be treated.

Cartilage infection

+1

Unfortunately, if the cartilage is infected it is unlikely to heal surgical intervention. Generally the graft needs to be removed and any infected or devitalized tissue debrided, in addition to antibiotic treatment. If this results in a residual deformity, this may require a delayed reconstruction once the infection clears.

Robert Kang Kwon, MD
Richardson Plastic Surgeon

Nose infection

+1

Yes consider removing the graft, washing the area, removing all necrotic tissue and antibiotics based on culture results.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com