Will Endotine Cause Weakness or Loss of Facial Expression Like Traditional Facelift?

Hi, I want to know if Endotine can be done repeatedly without damaging facial expression? I mean if I do it this year, and after 5 years when it is no longer working, can I do it again? not at the cost of loss of facial expression? Another question about Endotine with 8 tines. it is said that it only lasts 3 or 4 years. I want to know if 3 or 4 years later when the Endotine is no longer working, my cheeks will sag more than now. I mean if it will make me look very old overnight. Thanks.

Endotine cheek lift or face lift.

+2

Endotine cheek lift or face lift does not change facial expression if done properly. You should gain 10 years or more from this procedure. Choose an experienced surgeon who has done many of these procedures.

Endotine is for a cheeklift, not a facelift

+2

Your choice of which procedure to do should be based on what the desired results are. The endotine device will lift and shape the cheek, while a facelift will help restore natural youthful contours to the face and neck. With either procedure, there will be a long-term result because the endotine is used to hold the cheek tissues in place while they heal. The effect does not go away when the device dissolves, which is only a metter of months.

Richard Baxter, MD

A properly performed facelift does not affect facial expression.

+2

Dear SC

Loss of facial expression occurs when motor nerves are damaged by facial surgery.  This is somewhat more common with the deep plane facelift but in experienced hands, this complication should be less than 1%.  Surgeons like myself don't find a 1% complication rate acceptable and choose to perform a lower risk facelift such as a SMAS flap procedure with less aggressive deep plane dissection.  Studies suggest that there is no difference in the ultimate aesthetic result so why risk nerve injury?  The endotine device is used by some surgeons to facilitate the midface lift.  Again, I personal do not like this approach.  However, the device itself does not damage facial expression and the device is designed to completely breakdown and disappear from the body in 12 months.  The face does not sag when this occurs because the body heals around the device and this healing prevents facial sagging.  In five years with the passage of time you are likely to decide that you need more work anyway to maintain your appearance, it will not be because the tine dissolved or the surgery is "no longer working."

Face lift vs endotine

+1

Thank you for asking about face lifts and endotine.

• Facial weakness or loss of facial expression can happen after Endotine or after a face lift - if important facial nerves are damaged. This is rare in face lifts.
  • I have better results from face lifts and recommend them to my patients.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Endotine face lift

+1

An  endotine is sometimes used for facial rejuvenation to lift the cheeks. I prefer to do a formal facelift, because I feel that the results lasts longer.

Endotine Cheek Lift

+1

An endotine- assisted cheek lift will not compromise facial expression when done properly by an experienced surgeon. The endotine device is used to stabilize the tissue during healing and normally is absorbed in less than a year. However,  results of the surgery usually last a lot longer than 3-4 years.