Endotine Mid Face Lift- What Can I Expect in Terms of Length of Time Bruising Swelling?

I am considering the endotine mid face lift. The surgeon's website is quite honest saying "considerable" swelling and bruising. I went to another ps who is the other major player in my cosmepolitan area and he said that his patients are able to go out socially without evidence of surgery in 7 - 12 days if they use concealer. He said he used a glue that eliminated bleeding. That made me wonder if the other one didn't use the glue or if it was just a different method.

+2

Endotine is just the way to hold up the tissues.  Sutures can be used as well.  What causes the swelling is the actual dissection of the tissue to be elevated. I have never seen anyone use glue for a midface lift.  It is usually done with a traditional facelift under the skin flap.  In my opinion, I do see more swelling from my midface lift patients than the traditional facelift patients.

Endocrine Midfacelift and swelling

+2

I will give you my experience with the Endotine Midfacelift:  I did a lot of them and no longer do them or recommend them mostly because the results are marginal at best and not long lasting.  Swelling was never a major issue and is usually gone by 10 days or so with or without glue.  The use of glue in a Midfacelift is not all that beneficial or necessary.  In majority of patients that are considering a Midfacelift, a regular SMAS facelift with fat transfer to the eye/cheek are is a better option.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Endotine Midface Lift

+2

In theory, the endotine device allows for a midface lift to be done in a less invasive manner than traditional temporal or cranial suspension methods that use a lower blepharoplasty incision to perform it. If it is done in isolation that way then the amount of swelling should be socially acceptable in about 10 days with minimal bruising. But it depends on what else may be done in and around the eye/midface area which could make the swelling and bruising more prolonged.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

+2

Dear Curious,

Thank you for your question.  Endotine is a fixation technique, not a lifting technique.  The swelling comes from the surgery, not the type of fixation.  In general, just about any facelift looks presentable in 7-12 days, glue or not.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Endotine lift

+2

Most facelifts have a downtime of 7-10 days regardless of the technique used. This should allow the patients time for the bruising to disappear.The endotine is just another technology, and it may not affect the amount of recovery time.All the best

Endotine mid-face lift

+1

I don't think it is the endotine or the glue which will determine how swollen you will get after this procedure.  It is the dissection itself.  Also, some doctors exaggerate the speed of the recovery of their patients to help sell themselves, so please be careful.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endotine Mid face lift-What Can I Expect in Terms of Length of Time Bruising Swelling?

+1

Not everybody is a candidate for an Endotine Midface Lift.  Usually younger patients with droopiness of the midface, but not much of an excess kin is a perfect candidate.  The dissection usually in this procedure is a deep-plane dissection.  There will be some bruising and swelling, but it is considerably lesser than the regular face lift, but also the result is not as dramatic as the regular face.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from midface lift

+1

The original surgeon is correct in that swelling (and numbness) will last for at least 3 weeks or longer, but may not be that noticeable to others after about 2 weeks. Using tissue sealants does not improve this significantly in my experience.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

Many times these end of being a very temporary solution and dissapointing the patient. Find a surgeon who is proven to deliver the very best results. We have an amazing team here at the Boriscosmetic Center. If you would like to have a virtual consultation please contact us right away.   

Web reference: http://www.boriscosmetic.com

Swelling after Midface Lift

+1

Thank you for the question. Indeed, the reported recovery time after facial rejuvenation procedures varies widely.  In terms of the specifics, endotines are basically just a way of holding the tissue in place after it has been released (like a fancy suture).  The bruising and swelling occur because the midface tissue have to be released from there attachments to the bones and ligaments below.  In my experience, 10-14 days is a reasonable estimate for recovery to a "presentable" level of swelling (i.e., you could go out socially). Best of luck moving forward!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/midface-lift.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon