Cannot Blink or Raise my Right Eyebrow After Endotine Lift in my Right Cheek

I have an pre existing arterial malformation in my right cheek for which I had many reconstructive surgeries leaving my cheek concaved. The endotine lift has left me unable to blink or raise my right eyebrow and although I was advised this would recover it hasn't and its been 8 months. Is there a procedure to correct this? I have been informed that I could have a slither of gold weight put in the eye lid but this would not enable me to raise my eyebrow. Very depressed!

This could be an injured nerve but could recover

+1

This is possibly nerve damage from the procedure. 8 months is a long time but it still might recover. There are other nerves in the vicinity that could take over some of the function. Keep your hopes up. There are other options though such as nerve reconstruction etc.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Brow Lift Complication

+1

Unfortunately if you have not seen any improvement in the last 8 months, it is unlikely that you will have return of function but I wouldn't give up all hope. Nerves are very slow to heal and it make take 1-2 years for function to return, if it does at all. There are several options for improving the look of things though return of nerve function can not be surgically corrected. I would suggest a nerve conduction study to help determine if you can expect return of nerve function and if not, I would speak with a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstruction surgeries to discuss your options.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unable to Blink or Raise Eyebrow after Cheeklift

+1

I'm sorry about your unfortunate, very rare complication. At 8 months it is unlikely normal function will return. See a surgeon who specializes in head and neck reconstructive surgery to evauate you and present alternative treatments. Best of luck.

Brow

+1

If you are unable to raise your brow or completely close your eye 8 months after the surgery then this is permanent. Probable injury to the branches of the facial nerve, Frontal branch most probably and may be the Zygomatic branch.

You need a nerve conduction studies. see a neurologist.

See an ophthalmologist , because you need to protect the eye from scratches and dryness which can lead to major problems.

Consult a Board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in facial nerve palsey procedures after the diagnosis is confirmed

Botox helps Create Better Brow Symmetry

+1

Symmetry for the brows can often be created with Botox while you wait for your forehead and eyelid muscles to recover.  On occasion a one sided brow lift can help as well.  It sounds like a nerve branch might have been stretched during your cheek lift and when this happens in my practice we try to create some symmetry with temporary muscle relaxants on the other side.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Cannot blink or raise my right eyebrow after endotine lift in my right cheek

+1

Sorry for your problem or post operative complication. Sounds like a transected frontal branch of the facial nerve on that side. Seek in person opinions ASAP! Best of luck Dr. B