Is the Endotine B Cheek Lift an Effective Procedure Alone or Does It Need to Be Combined?

After speaking with several surgeons,I have deciedto have a cheek lift. One particular surgeon suggested a lower bleph procedure along with an Endotine B lift. However, my concern is that he just wants to use the Endotine device to do the lifting. From what I've read, the Endotine seems to be used in conjunction with other lifting procedures as an aid, not the sole means. Is this procedure safe and effective?

How the Endotine works

+2

The Endotine supports the lifted cheek while it heals in its lifted position.  During surgery, the cheek is lifted up off the cheek bone and repositioned and the Endotine just holds it in place until the surface of the bone and the undersurface of the cheek have healed together.  Then the Endotine dissolves.  The advantage of the Endotine is that it is really strong, is adjustable intraoperatively and spreads the tension over a larger surface area than a few sutures would.  It serves it purpose and then goes away.  I like the devices a lot for mid face or cheek lifts.  I also see some improvement along the jaw line but sometimes a more conventional face lift needs to be comblined witht the Endotine for the optimal result.  Every face is different and every rejuvenation procedure is a little different.  That what keeps this profession so interesting.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Endotine B Cheek Lift

+1

I frequently use the Endotine B device, which I consider safe and effective, with my cheek lifts. I feel this gives additional support during healing. Do the lower eyelid blepharoplasty with the same procedure if necessary.

Endotine cheeklift.

+1

If a patient only has sagging cheeks, they only need the endotine cheeklift. If they have jowls, etc. then they need a facelift as well. Choose a surgeon who has done many of these so you don't end up with a sagging eyelid.