Does an Endoscopic Neck Lift Also Lift a Double Chin or Will I Need to Have a Separate Procedure for my Chin?

What procedures are common after a neck lift?

Minimally invasive neck lift

+1

A minimally invasive neck lift,with or without an endoscope, can definitely help improve a double chin - good luck!

Endoscopic neck lift if done are a very new approach and I would wait 4-5 years to assess its utility

+1

I have not heard of a neck lift done in an endoscopic fashion. I would imagine that it could be done however. But that would be very difficult and dangerous in my opinion. This is especially the case if bleeding were to occur. You could benefit from just a traditional neck lift. Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no such thing as an endoscopic neck lift.

+1

Hi.

This sounds like marketing.  A short scar neck lift with an incision under the chin will correct a double  chin in many people.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Endoscopic neck lift is not for the chin or neck.

+1
Endoscopic procedures involve making a small incision and doing something with and endoscope remotely. Since a neck lift must remove excess skin you need a normal facelift incision. See another surgeon for a second opinion.

+1

Not sure, you'd have to ask that specific question to the plastic and cosmetic surgeon who's proposing doing the endoscopic Neck Lift.  Endoscopic surgery literally means surgery performed using an endoscope or small telescope inserted through a small incision.  These types, of procedures, do not lend themselves to any skin removal and as such have marginal value for Face Lift and or Neck Lifts, IMHO.

"Double Chin" and Neck Lift Procedure

+1

A neck lift is essentially done to improve the appearance of the neck in terms of excess skin and fat as well as loose or lax muscle (platysma). In my practice in New York, I routinely combine, liposculpure, platysma muscle repair/tightening and excision of redundant skin from an approach behind the ears and under the chin around the natural chin crease. As far as your question is concerned, I wouldn't assume that any additional neck lift procedure should be necessary for helping with a "double chin" other than a possible enhancement or complementary procedure that you may be a candidate for such as facelift or eyelid surgery.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon