Endoscopic Brow Lift for Changing Eyebrow Shape?

Is endoscopic Brow lift going to be effective if I just want to lift my eyebrows? I don't really have any sagging skin in my forehead but i would like to change the shape of my eyebrows. I want them to have more arch with the ends lifted up.

Brow lifts will elevate the eyebrow

+1

Any brow lift procedure should be able to elevate the eyebrows to a more aesthetic position on your forehead. That is the nature of the operation.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Browlift vs endoscopic browlift

+1

If there is a facial rejuvenation surgery that is over-recommended and often overdone these days, it is without question the browlift. Look no further than the celebrity photo magazines for pictures of stars who look like they have just sat down on a plate of tacks. The goal of aesthetic plastic surgery should be to make a person look better and more youthful, not merely different, and certainly not as though one is perpetually surprised. My goal is to provide my patients with results which appear natural, and an unnatural-appearing brow is a dead giveaway that a person has had facial plastic surgery.

I rarely see a patient that has such significant brow descent that I recommend elevation of the entire brow. However, I frequently see browlift patients for whom conservative elevation of the lateral brow produces a more rested, bright, and even elegant appearance. This is very easily simulated with gentle upward traction on the skin of the lateral forehead – if you feel that this may apply to you then try it in the mirror and the improvement will be quite obvious.

A youthful, feminine brow rests above the level of the orbital rim, which is the upper margin of the bony socket in which the eye resides. An aesthetically pleasing brow is somewhat arched laterally, and the lateral end or "tail" of the brow is higher than the medial end. It is quite common for the female brow to assume an essentially flat or horizontal orientation as a person ages.

If the skin and soft tissues lose enough elasticity with age and sun exposure, the lateral brow may even descend to a level below the orbital rim, producing a tired or even 'surly' appearance. The medial brow is relatively fixed in position and in most cases does not descend much, if any. In years past, a browlift surgery required an incision across the top of the head, from ear to ear. This was replaced in the 1990's, for most surgeons, by the endoscopic browlift, which allowed the same procedure to be performed through small incisions just behind the hairline.

While I used endoscopic browlift techniques for several years to treat brow descent, more recently I have transitioned to performing a limited incision lateral browlift that does not require the use of an endoscope. The relatively short incision is hidden behind the temporal hairline, and no incisions are required in the scalp directly above the eyes. The advantage is as follows: this approach allows me to not only redrape the lateral brow (conservatively!) in a higher position, but it also allows me to reposition the skin and soft tissues of the lateral periorbital area in an upward direction, producing a more complete rejuvenation of the periorbital area. Additionally, through this same incision I can perform suspension of the midface (cheek) if that is part of the surgical plan.

Rejuvenation of the brow by means of a lateral browlift will also, in most cases, improve the appearance of the upper eyelids. When the lateral brow is repositioned above the orbital rim, the vertical elevation may eliminate the appearance of wrinkled or 'crepey' upper eyelid skin. If the lateral upper lid skin is 'hooded' over the lateral corner of the eye, this improves as well. While upper blepharoplasty (upper lid skin excision) is often performed in concert with a lateral browlift, for many patients the upward positioning of the brow eliminates the need for skin excision.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift to Shape Eyebrows

+1

Consult with a plastic surgeon as your exam is critical to determining which procedure is best for you. From you description of what you desire (which by the way is similar to the majority of my patients) a short scar brow lift (also called a temple lift) is probably most effective in lifting the lateral part of your brow.

The incisions are hidden behind your hairline. Although an endoscopic procedure will also lift the brow, I have found that it is not as effective in elevating the "tail" of the brow—what you called the "end". One of the reasons may be that the further away you are the less effect there will be as a general rule.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Browlift to achieve aesthetic changes

+1

Browlifts are capable of achieving several positive aesthetic changes to the upper third of the face- so in reality, they can be called upper third facelift, or brow sculpting, depending on what is accomplished. In addition, there are several different browlift procedures, with the endoscopic procedure especially indicated for opening up and elevating the entire eyebrows, with some ability to change the appearance of the arch. In general, the lateral hairline minibrowlift procedure is the most effective way to actually sculpt the eyebrows as you describe. This is a rather small procedure that takes 45 minutes to perform.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tweezing is best to change eyebrow shape

+1

Although tweezing is the best way to change eyebrow shape, the endoscopic browlift using the Coapt endotine is great for achieving specific, limited lifting in the forehead region. Find a doctor with experience with this system.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Changing Brow Shape

+1

Yes brow shape can be changed with an endoscope. Although I cannot make recommendations without seeing pictures of your brows, other alternatives might be trimming eyebrow hair, adding brow hair with fine transplants or lifting the brows through an upper eyelid incision. Botox can also be used to slightly lift the lateral brow.

Endoscopic browlift is not for altering arch of eyebrows

+1

It is very difficult to change the shape of the eyebrows without lifting the entire forehead. Do not perform an endoscopic browlift only for changing the arch of the eyebrows. Perform an endoscopic browlift if you have low eyebrows and need the entire forehead and brows lifted.

Endoscopic brow lifts can change the shape of your eyebrows with minimal scarring

+1

Endoscopic browlifts are great for certain patients, and it sounds as though you're the perfect candidate. These types of browlifts don't remove a lot of skin, but instead they lift the brows to a higher position. The incisions are placed in the scalp and are well hidden. If you do have excess skin, then a limited incision temporal browlift may be better or even a coronal browlift for excessive skin. Endoscopic browlifts can be done as an outpatient and the recovery is not too bad. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

USe of endoscopic brow lift to change eybrow shape

+1

Yes, you can use this to achieve a change in eyebrow shape. However, it is difficult to predict the longterm changes that will occur with an endoscopic eyebrow lift.