When Can I Have Brow Lift Re-done?

I had an endoscopic brow lift, upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty, and laser resurfacing. However, I am SO unhappy with the results, what the doctor didn't do, and his lack of expertise. It seems I still need another brow lift, and my eyelids are droopy and crepey. This doctor is willing to laser my upper lids and around my mouth, and I would only pay $500 for anesthesia. The problem is, I just don't trust him in doing a good job since the 4 procedures he's done are just NOT acceptable. Can I have another brow lift and get something done for my eyelids (possibly by another doctor)? If so, how soon after the initial procedures can I have them re-done?

I really NEED advice here. I know you cannot tell a person what to do, but I am beside myself in regard to this situation. I attached a photo of myself before I had any cosmetic surgery done. Trust me, I look worse now.

Make sure you get the right procedures

+4

You can have another surgery, but make sure that you get the correct surgery. Your picture is not a good picture because you are smiling. From what I can tell, you do not need upper blepharoplasty. One of the hardest thing to correct is too high eye brow.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Allow Adequate Time Before Considering Revision

+2

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your results.

Wait a minimum of 6 months before considering a second procedure.  It akes this time for enough swelling to go down to properly evaluate the results of your first procedure.

Do get a second opinion from one or more plastic surgeons with a reputation for doing excellent browlift and eyelid surgery. Discuss your concerns and share the results of your second opinions with your surgeon. This will probably clarify for you whether to have your surgeon revise your brow and eyelids, or if it is in your best interests to move on.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Wait a minimum of 6 months before considering re-operation

+2

I would give things time to heal before proceeding with a revision, at least 6 months. This will allow the tissues to settle and the swelling to completely resolve, and then you can proceed with a revision surgery.

The real question then is what you may need, either further treatments to the eyelids or the brows, and this is difficult to know without examining you. However, I will say that the choice of which procedure will work the best to give you the results you want is the critical step, and the decision is based on both the surgeon's judgement as well as your wishes. In other words, some patients really want a dramatic improvement to the arc and position of their brows, while others do not-- this communication is critical and whomever you decide to perform your procedure needs to be able to listen to your goals, and then tailor his treatment plan to fit those goals.

I wish you all the best of luck, and again, wait a few months before considering a revision procedure.

Dr. Salemy

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Take time to heal after Brow Lift

+2

Great advice from other surgeons.

Just another comment. Take your time to heal, and then get opinions from a few surgeons for revision surgery. Make sure your expectations are in line with what the surgeons suggest for revision surgery. Make them take the time to explain what and how it will be done. Make sure you are on the same page before proceeding with further treatments.

Tanuj Nakra, MD, FACS
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift or Blepharoplasty is always the question

+2

Surgery of the aging upper eyes is always a challenge, as the brow position may create much of the redundant skin you see under the brow and hide the eyelid.

From your pre-op pictures, the medial brow is below the level of the orbital rim and can be considered to have "dropped." Some of this occurs due to deflation of the eyelid & brow structures as well.

We perform browlift through a blepharoplasty incision as well as via endoscopic and traditional techiques. You may have benefit from blepharoplasty surgery alone and from laser resurfacing alone.

Work with your current surgeon until it is not possible. Wait six months prior to considering another surgery, and one year for all healing to be complete.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift can be re-done generally after 6 months

+2

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with your facial procedure. In general, I ask patients to wait a period of time for swelling to go down and scars to mature a little bit so you can have a complete assessment of the results. That time period is generally 6 months.

When you have a consultation for revision, it would help the process if you bring a copy of your previous operative report and even pre-op photos, so that way all the information necessary to make a sound plan will be available.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Dr. Kaufman

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

I don't think you need a brow lift

+2

Tp lp2u2,

Hi! You have such a nice face. I would not go back to the same surgeon if you are so unhappy. From you picture, your eyebrows seem to be in good position, and I am not sure you needed a brow lift in the first place. That's why you need someone with experience to tell you what procedure will make you look fresher. And then of course, it has to be done right.

See another board certified plastic surgeon, and wait a while defore having more surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Brow Lift Re-done

+1

Sorry to hear about your negative experience.  The photo is insufficient to base a solid recommendation.  You should wait 6 - 12 months prior to having revision surgery. If you have lost confdence in your original surgeon, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You should be able to understand your options and choose the best surgeon for your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Brow Lift

+1

I believe that the brow  has a very specific location and having a laser surgery or any other procedure that will not located the brow in the  desire position us not  an option

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Revision of brow lift surgery

+1

Brow lifts are extremely popular and effective surgery to reposition the brow and smooth the forehead. If you have had an endoscopic brow lift and are interested in additional smoothing, work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can present all of your options to you. You may be able to avoid surgery by using Botox in strategic places to your forehead. If you have deep furrows, dermal fillers may also be possible to help erase them. If you are interested in any revision brow lift to reposition your brows, you should wait at least 8 to 10 months before undergoing surgery again.
Regardless, your best to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in brow lift and facial rejuvenation. They will be able to help you choose which combination of procedures are most effective for you

Pat Pazmino, MD