Can an Endoscopic Abdominoplasty Be Performed Through the Navel if I Am Also Getting Umbilicoplasty?

I have some stretch marks around my belly button and abdominal separation from pregnancy which I have not been able to repair with exercise. I have good skin elasticity and no excess fat or skin. I would like to repair my belly button and my abdominal muscles. Could an endoscopic abdominoplasty be performed through the umbilicus to reduce scarring?

Umbilicoplasty and diastasis repair.

+2

The short answer is that it may be easier to perform the diastasis repair at the same time as an umbilicoplasty. In certain cases, the umbilicoplasty allows for better visualization of the muscle repair.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty and umbilical correction

+2

Both procedures can be done together. You may actually have a small umbilical hernia,so that needs diagnosis. Not every surgeon is comfortable with diastasis repair through such a small incision, so you may need to do some research.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic muscle repair after pregnancy

+2

I agree, absolutely yes! I have done this many times on patients without any skin laxity.  It would be a simple diastasis repair and that does not require a large incision.  Good luck!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic abdominoplasty

+2

The short answer is yes, you are a candidate for endoscopic abdominoplasty or muscle plication with your umbilicoplasty (umbilical hernia repair?) With a diastasis alone, and no skin laxity the procedure should suit your needs. The problem might be finding a plastic surgeon who is comfortable working inside a body cavity, ie. the abdomen. We confront a new list of challenges and risks. My preference would be a phanensteil approach, the typical C-section scar. There may be someone in your area up to the endoscopic technique.

peterejohnsonmd

Tummy Tuck

+1

An endoscopic Abdominoplasty could be performed, but would it give you enough correction to solve the problem is the question?  I have reservations about the procedure and will await more data to support or not to support the procedure

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon