Can Endermologie Ruin a Fat Transfer? I Am 4 Weeks Postop from Lipo and Wanted to Start Endermologie to Help with Lumps.

+1

The answer is, "Yes, endermologie can ruin fat transfers."  Endermologie is a fairly violent process with the vacuum and rolling of the fatty tissues.  Recently transferred fat is fragile and needs time to develop a new blood supply and stable environment.  This process takes weeks, not days.  Just as we ask our patients who have had a Brazilian Butt Lift to not put undue pressure on their grafts for weeks after their surgery, the same is true for regular fat transfers.  Six weeks minimum would be my recommendation. 

Donor site massage however can start as soon as you can tolerate the pressure and will help diminish swelling and lumpiness faster.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon