Is Endermologie Required? And Avoiding Normal Sitting for 6wks?

I have had consultations with 2 companies for liposuction to the stomach & flanks. One company told me that endermologie will greatly assist in fat removal, and more smooth results. This will add about £500 to the process, from a third party.

They also said to avoid normal sitting for 6 weeks to avoid rippling, and a more smooth result, i.e. lie on back when possible, and get a "chair" which allows sitting on knees so that stomach is not bent. The second company said both of these things are not required. Who do I believe, can anyone advise?! Greatly appreciated!

Endermologie after Liposuction and Positioning after Liposuction

+1

I have not observed much effect of Endermologie and the literature does not support this.  Positioning may help, but compression garment and aggressive management of seromas is probably more important.  Kenneth Hughes, MD liposuction Los Angeles, CA

Endermologie does not work. Don't waste your money.

+1

Endermologie is a worthless maneuver. It has no effect on fat or resolution of postoperative swelling. Don't waste your money.

Surgery

+1

These instructions sound foreign to me. I do not use endermologie and I have never seen it to provide any inherent benefit of its own 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS