Is Endermologie Helpful After Cellulaze to Speed Process?

I understand Velashape and Smoothshapes speed up the recovery process after Cellulaze, I have no local providers in my area for either. I do have Endermolgie close by that I could easily continue with. I understand the difference in treatments, heat with the newer ones, Endermologie is older. But the ease of appts and travel is much better for me. I am 4 weeks out Cellulaze and starting to see some real good stuff going on!!!! Would Endermologie time and $$ help me get THERE quicker?? Thanks

Post Cellulaze

+1
Hello. In my plastic surgery practice in the San Francisco Bay Area, we encourage all Cellulaze patients to have either lymphatic drainage massage, Endermologie and/or Velashape treatments beginning as early as 3 week after the procedure. We have found it definitely speeds recovery and patients are uniformly happy with the results. This of course will need to be supplemented with massage on your own of the treated areas on a daily basis. Best of luck, Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Recovery

+1

I think that massage is just as helpful to reduce swelling after Cellulaze, when compared to the other fancy toys in our offices. With good compression for two weeks and massage beginning at 4 weeks, I have had happy patients and great success with Cellulaze.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Be patient with Cellulaze

+1

The cellulaze procedure takes time before you may see any results, give yourself at least 3-6 months. During your healing process you will start to see a change just be patient!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Post-Op SmoothShapes Or Exilis Speeds effects of Cellulaze

+1

The Cellulaze Laser fiber is inserted just below the skin so bruising and swelling can occur. The swelling and bruising are lessened AND the results from Cellulaze are enhanced by post-op SmoothShapes or Exilis Radiofrequency treatments. 

Miles Graivier, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Treatment after Cellulaze

+1

There are no studies or good data on this question.  But anything that promotes lymphatic drainage would seem to help the healing process, especially early on.  It is not clear if it will help the final result, but it is unlikely to be detrimental.  Congratulations on your results so far!

Naveen Setty, MD

Endermologie after Cellulaze

+1

Since part of the Cellulaze procedure is the destruction of fat, you more than likely will have some benefit from lymphatic massage with rollers, as seen with traditional liposuction.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Endermologie after Cellulaze

+1

I agree with Dr. Spring. Though post-Cellulaze treatments have not been studied, we have seen some of our patients benefit from Smoothshapes treatments post procedure.  Though not the same as endermology, the basic principle of moving fluids out of the tissue and back toward the lymphatics is the same.  Lymphatic massage may also be helpful. Check with your surgeon for his/her experience with these procedures and see if they may have more advice.  Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze recovery treatment

+1

These treatments may be of benefit but there is no study showing that yet. I do believe that smooth shapes would help remove excess swelling but I don't think the skin tightening portion will be altered much. It will take 3 to 6 months to see the final result.

W. John Bull, MD

+1

Worth doing ANYTHING to help recovery. Personally I am not sure Endermologie will help but try it. Than let use know. I'm now using Kinesio taping with great results