Endermologie for Belly Fat After Pregnancy?

I had a baby 5 months ago and in my belly area near my C-section, I have lots of fat that I can't get rid of with sit-ups. Will Endermologie work for me?

Better option for non-invasive Body LipoSculpting

+1

While nothing works better than tumescent liposuction, your best option for non-invasive body sculpting may be the new medical devices based on cavitational ultrasound technology, e.g. Liposonix, Ultraphase, Vaser Shape. You should not have high expectation from medical devices of prior generation, e.g. Endermologie, VelaSmooth, VelaShape, or Zerona, as the clinical benefit may be quite a bit more modest and often inconsistent.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Endermologie does very little

+1

It has been a few years since I have even heard a patient asking questions about Endermologie. It was quite well shown that the results of this treatment are very minimal and rather temporary.

What you are describing needs real surgery, either liposuction or a tummy tuck. A qualified plastic surgeon can evaluate you and discuss the pros and cons of each so your goals will be met.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Endermologie

+1

The key words in your question is "lots of fat". It is unlikely that Endermologie will make any significant or lasting improvement. An evaluation by a plastic surgeon can determine if liposuction, laser assisted liposculpture, or a "tummy tuck" (abdominoplasty, would be the best form of treatment based on your goals and expectations and after an evaluation in which you obtain information about the pros and cons of each, the potential risks and complications, expected results,

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for liposuction

+1

Endermologie may reduce some of this volume temporarily and maintenance would be needed thereafter. Liposuction may be a much better treatment for you.  Consult with your doctor and discuss all of your options. 

Ronald Shelton, MD