Can I Have Encapsulated Implants Replaced if I Am Now on Coumadin?

I have developed encapsulated implants and I've had them for about 15 yrs now. During this time, I've had to gone on coumadin therapy for replacement of a heart valve. Will I be able to have the procedure done?

Usually....

+1

Coumadin can be stopped and an alternative medication substituted to decrease the risk of bleeding and allow your surgery. You probably need medical clearance as well before the operation.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery while on Coumadin?

+1

Your situation is difficult given that you should not have any type of elective surgery while on Coumadin. Your only option at this point is to discuss your situation with your cardiologist and the risks  associated with stopping anti-coagulation.  My prediction would be that he/she will advise against it.

I would be interested in a follow-up of your situation if you are so inclined.