Enameloplasty

i am a second yr BDS student my professor has asked me what are contraindications of enameloplasty...as i am very glad that my earlier question was replied nicely...but not to my satisfaction.can u please help me with this. 2.what is that property known as because of which dentin gives the cushioning effect to the enamel and restorative material.

Enameloplasty Contraindications

+1

The clinical contraindications for enameloplasty include decalcified enamel, the presence of minimal enamel so that enameloplasty would result in exposure of the dentin, and in patients who exhibit hypersensitivity. I would also not do enameloplasty, unless absolutely needed, on patients with a high caries incidence. All that said, your professor may be looking for a purely academic answer which may be quite different from the answer a clinical dentist would be looking for.

Norristown Cosmetic Dentist