Is En Bloc Necessary if I Only Had the Implants for a Short Period of Time?

I am only 1 week post op and I want to remove my silicon gel implants. Is it necessary to have them removed "En Bloc." Or should I be fine since it is so early on that I will be removing them? Thank you for your time.

Breast implant Removal?

+1

Removal of breast implants at this stage is technically simple;  the more complex question is whether it should be done whether you should be given more time to consider this decision. Generally it is best to wait a few months before making such a drastic decision;  make sure you discuss your motivation in detail with your plastic surgeon.

Removing silicone implants

+1

It's been only a short time after your breast implant placement, so I would recommend waiting at least 3-4 months before making this decision.  If you mean removing the entire implant with "en bloc" then yes, this can be done if you'd like to get them removed.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Implant removal 1 week after surgery

+1

Oh my goodness!  At one week, everything is likely very puffy and swollen.  The breasts will be extra big and extra high at this time...and this will settle down with a little time, giving you the size and shape you expected.  It's way too premature to be thinking about implant removal at this stage.  Hang in there a little bit longer...

But no, you would not need "en bloc" capsulectomy at this time, even if implant removal or exchange were performed.

Thomas Fiala, MD

En bloc removal of the worst capsules with implant removal

+1

If breast implants are removed before the capsule has thicken and begun to calcify, there is little indication for an en-bloc (in one piece) removal of the implant and capsule. It seems the cost of the procedure is pushed up and the recovery more difficult for little gain.

peterejohnsonmd

Removing silicone gel breast implants

+1

As long as your implants are intact (which should be the case after only 1 week), en-block removal is not needed. However, before you consider implant removal, make sure that is really what you want. At this point, the final result is still months away so discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Implant removal at one week

+1

It is very early to have your implants removed, but if this is definitely going to be done, just removing them is all you would need to do.

Buyer's Remorse 1 week After Silicone Breast Augmentation

+1

Having Breast Augmentation is not like buying a dress. You need to take a deep breath and not allow the emotions of the moment to carry you and make you do regrettable things. You did not state WHY you feel the need to remove the implants after 7 days but whatever they are I seriously think you need to stop this emotional drive and let some time pass.

If you still feel compelled to remove them in a few weeks, they will not have to be removed en block, that procedure is reserved for old, encapsulated ans suspect leaking implants.

Dr. Peter Aldea

En bloc implant removal

+1

At one week, you are emotionally unstable to make this kind of a decision.  This is demonstrated by your even asking about "en bloc" removal which is a silly concept reserved for very old ruptured gel implants.  Let your doctor know your concerns and he/she and their staff will get you through this early phase.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Think Hard Before Removing Implants After One Week

+1

Anyone who is one week after breast augmentation and wants their implants removed already should really take a step back and think about things.  Regardless of how things feel/appear at this point, they will look and feel totally different in one month.  It requires a leap of faith that they will, but it is one of these thjings that you just ahve to be patient with.  Many women go through these episodes a week or so after surgery where they feel that they have made a huge mistake and want them out.  Some women call it the "boobie blues".  You need to give yourself at least a month to see if you really want them out or not.  If you still do at that point, the the implants should come right out and there really should be minimal scar tissue there.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon