Okay, I Am a Very Empty 34b, and my Ps Has Suggested the over the Muscle Approach at 457 Ccs). Would That Be Too Large?

I weigh 130 and am 5'4".

Would 457 cc's Be Too Large?

+1

That depends on specifics of your anatomy (rib cage, base diameter of the breasts) and what you want to look like.  It's ABOUT 150-200 cc per bra cup size so 457 should increase you by a little more than two cups.  If you're a very empty B then your actual breast volume size is probably more like an A.  That implant should take you to some kind of a C - is that what you'd like?  And, in general, I prefer placing implants under the muscle since they will otherwise be too visible along the superior and medial aspects.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Would 457cc's be too Large?

+1

Without more information, there is no way to give you an informed answer.  With that said 457cc's in someone who weighs 130lbs would be on the large side.  Whether or not your skin could tolerate that size is a question.  Generally I like to put implants under the muscle.  The dimensions of the implant in relation to your anatomy is critical also.  A thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is in order.  Also when you look at photos, try and find someone of similar height, weight, and breast size before surgeryand see what their after photos look like with different sized implants.  I also like to have women try on sizers in my office and see what various sizes will look like as well.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Would That Be Too Large?

+1

Without photos, breast measurements, and an idea of your goals it is not going to be helpful to sort through advice from surgeons who do not have enough info to formulate a reasonable plan. 

I would suggest trying on implants in the surgeon's office. If they look too large as trials, they will probably be too large for you. This is highly subjective. Implants may be too large even though they look good as trials if your breast anatomy suggests that a smaller implant is advisable. One guideline that most surgeons observe is to avoid using implants wider than the patient's own breast. 

Consider reposting with photos. All the best. 

+1

In general, 457 cc will increase most women by 2 cup sizes or slightly more.  Try the sizers on in the office to get a feel for how large the implants will look.  If you have very little breast tissue or are deflated, submuscular augmentation may be a better option for longevity of result and reduction in rippling.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant fit

+1

Pictures as well as a physical exam with the needed measurements will help in the advice regarding which implant would be a good fit. I personally like a dual plane placement.

Good Luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

This is a common question on RealSelf.  The only way to give an honest answer is if you resubmit your question with photos and measurements.  In order to place an implant over the muscle you need a lot of soft tissue coverage in the upper pole.  This can only be determined with an examination. 

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

The best size depends on many factors

+1

The best size of implant depends on many factors, including patient weight, height, current breast size, breast width, and most importantly patient goals.   If you have concerns about the size discuss them with your surgeon and perhaps get a second opinion from another skilled board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck to you,

Best regards,

Dr. Lane F. Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Breast implant size is chosen by mutual discussion between plastic surgeon and patient

+1

If you feel that 475 cc is too large for you it might well be.  Discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon and arrive at mutually comfortable choice in size.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” or "too large" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Also, please make sure that the "over the muscle" approach is the best way to go for you (learn about the pros/cons).

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Would 457cc implants be too large?

+1
Determination of implant size should be decided by you alone. If it seems that 457ccs will meet your breast size goals and expectations, then go for it. If this particular size was chosen by your plastic surgeon without any input from yourself, then you may want to schedule a consultation with another plastic surgeon. Hope this helps. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD