i got my first ematrix done a week back .so far everythin is alright. i am indian , f, 25 yrs . i would like to know if this treatment will treat rolling acne scars or am i wasting time and money ?? also my doc did my treatment on some C level, i heard him tell the nurses C53 or something. he did not personally tell me about the settings. so this C level , is that the highest or lowest level ? i hope i can see a difference on the scars soon.

EMatrix for acne and acne scars _ Williamsville, NY

We started using eMatrix for acne scars and now include cases of acute acne as it seems to control the disease and reduce the likelihood of acne scarring.

We perform eMatrix in our Williamsville, NY office.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Ematrix for acne scars in Los Angeles

Ematrix is an excellent procedure for acne scars. We use the Ematrix frequently to improve difficult acne scars and those that had minimal response to laser resurfacing. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Several treatments over 5-6 months.

OK, acne scarring is easy to understand. The rate limiting factors include your acne scar types and also your skin type. 

We advise the best treatment for your acne scars, and not just treat a scar because we have one or two types of lasers or RF devices. Does that make sense?

Back to your discussion- level c is high, we can go upto 100 mj per pin in Australia, this is NOT advisable with your skin type. I would go level c, say mid 60s, minimal over lap, 6 treatments, one month apart. ALWAYS take before and after photos. 

In summary eMatrix is effective in treating early scars, as well as late rolling scars. 

Kind regards 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Acne scar specialist

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Scaring treatments

EMatrix is a good choice for the minor scars that are visible at a conversational distance.  The deeper scars can be treated with small amounts of filler once you have completed your series of treatments.  Usually you need a series of three but more can be recommended.  Level C is the most aggressive level and 53 is high.  It is important to follow all of their post treatment care and wear a good sunscreen when exposed.  Your skin will be very sensitive to the sun post treatment. Do not pick off any of the areas that crust over.  Let them fall off naturally and use gentle cleansers when removing your make up.

good luck with your results.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Ematrix doubts

Ematrix is a good treatment but not for excessively deep scarring. What one person thinks is terrible, someone else will call minor. So only an experienced physician will know. C is the highest setting and 53 is a pretty high setting. It goes up to 60 but C is the deepest level. Please know that usually these treatments are done in at least 3 visits and you will see continued improvement over several months.