EMatrix for Acne Scars?

Have heard a radioactive device call eMatrix some derm are using for acne scars on African Americans? If so, do you have this device?

EMatrix is ideal for skin of colour

+1
Yes, eMatrix is ideal for darker skin types, such as Asian, or African skin. The key is not to overlap the passes, but to deliver high energy in low density. We have the advantage in Australia to use 100 mj per pin, I think in the US the programs are limited to 80 mj or less. You will require 3-5 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. 

The other option is Erbium laser, low density Fractional...

Regards

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and cosmetic dermatologist
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars

+1

I specifically brought the Ematrix into my practice for patients with acne scars, particularly if they are Black or have type 4 or darker skin.  It is a fabulous laser.  It takes several treatments to minimize scars - anywhere from 3 to 5 treatments - but it is safe and effective. We have had great results and highly recommend the Ematrix.  However, as with any other technology, please find a board certified Dermatologist who is experienced in Ematrix to treat your face.

Michele S. Green, MD

EMatrix Works for Acne Scars

+1

The eMatrix uses fractionated bipolar radiofrequency (not radioactive) energy which is called sublative rejuvenation. The principle behind radiofrequency treatment is delivering uniform heat at a controlled depth to the deeper levels of the skin. This leads to direct collagen contraction and immediate skin tightening. Over several months there is remodeling and reorganization of existing collagen as well as the formation of new collagen. We do have the EMatrix machine in my office and it can be quite effective for patients with mild to moderate wrinkles and acne scars. The treatment is appropriate for all skin types, including African Americans, and is an effective alternative for patients with darker skin who may be at risk for hyperpigmentation from laser treatments.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon