What else Should I Get Done Besides Tip Refinement? (photo)

I am going to get a rhinoplasty procedure done and I wanted to get some input from a professional. I have a bulbous tip and would like to get that refined or made smaller. I would also like my nose to upturn more because the tip hangs down too much when I smile. Basically I wish to maximize the aesthetics of my face so I would appreciate any suggestions on anything else I should get done (narrower bridge? ). Do you know if I will require an open or closed procedure? Thanks for any help!

Nasal Tip Refinement

+1

From your photos, it seems your nasal tip is too far from your face (overprojected). Yes it needs narrowing and rotated up a bit. Find a surgeon who can image you to see whether you will like the changes. The rest of your facial features are very attractive, but making you nose smaller would be perfect

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer Imaging

+1

Hi,

You should have a computer imaging prior to your surgery. This will give you a good idea what the surgeon is going to do. He/she can also explain every step of the surgery at that time. Feel free to send your photos for computer imaging through the link below.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

What else Should I Get Done Besides Tip Refinement?

+1

Full rhinoplasty is the correct choice. Open or closed methods are acceptable. Best to obtain IN PERSON consults. 

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose is a bit wide and could ne narrowed along its entire length.  The tip can be refined and rotated slightly as you have suggested.  The chin appears a bit weak, although a profile view would be required to define this further.  If that is the case, a Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant would not only augment the chin but balance the entire lower face and could be perfomed at the same time as the Rhinoplasty.

Tip refinement and rhinoplasty

+1

Reduction of the bulbous tip would  show the largest amount of improvement in this nose. A small hump removal and osteotomies would also need to be performed. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping upon animation  and smiling.Please see the  link below  to see similar results to your own

What should I get done on my nose?

+1

Very good questions. From the photos shown I would suggest that you need reshaping and refinement more then "major reduction". Your tip should be refined, the width narrowed and perhaps the profile smoothed. Open or closed doesn't matter, just what the surgeon thinks they need to do to get you the result in their hands.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complete Rhinoplast

+1

It would help if I could see a complete set of nasal pictures. Go to my web site for recommended nasal views.  However, it appears your tip should be narrowed, elevated and refined, the entire nose narrowed, and a small hump removed. This can be accomplished with either an open or closed approach. Pick the surgeon, not the technique.

Tip Refinement in Rhinoplasty

+1

Your facial proportions are well harmonized, and your nose fits your face quite well.  The tip can be refined a bit, and there may be some dorsal refinement which can be done as well as osteotomies to narrow the nose a bit.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA