Does Anyone else Have Indentations on Their Teeth Caused by an Invisalign Tray?

I know that enamel is tough but I believe that the pressure of the tray on my tooth has caused an indentation on one of my front teeth which was definitely not there before. The indentation is in exactly the same place as the contour of the tray. It was definitely not there before I began treatment and I have photos to confirm this. I suppose I will have to have some bonding to fix it - should my dentist have told me about this possibility and be responsible for fixing it?

Indentation on my teeth during invisalign

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem but it is impossible for the tray to make an indentation on your tooth.  The pressure would only cause the tooth to move.  You make have an attachemnt that has been placed but not an indentation.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays Can NOT cause indentations in enamel

+1

No matter how much pssure the Invisalign Aligner placed on your teeth, it's impossible for it to make an indentation on your enamel. The pressure would only cause the tooth to move. Either the indentation was there before and you just didn't notice it, or it was caused by the dentist in placing or removing an attachment (bonded "button") on that tooth.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist