Can Anything else Be Done to Fix Tuberous Breast? (photo)

I had augmentation 400cc silicone on 4/15/11 to fix tuberous breasts.7/12/11 I had a in office procedure to fix the right breast which was pointy and drooping.4/25/12 I had another in office procedure to reduce the size of the right areloa.Now the left breast is doing the same pointy and sometimes drooping.I see my surgeon next week and am just looking for some advice on what to ask. Should I do the same surgery to the left?Will it continue to point down? Is there anything else that can be done?

Revision For Tuberous Breasts

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

I believe that you should wait to fully recover from your revision.

Upon assessment of your final results and with the agreement of your surgeon, you can undergo another revision to have both breasts corrected.

Based on the photos you have attached, I believe that your results are commendable.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tuberous Breasts

+1

While preoperative photos would be useful as a basis of comparison, your surgeon seems to have done a good job with the right breast, and you should trust him/her for the left breast.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tuberous breast issues

+1

Tuberous breast issues can be very complicated. It looks llike your surgeon has done a nice job with the left breast. You may want him to work with you on the other one. Good luck.

Tuberous Breast

+1

I think the breast that your surgeon repaired looks very reasonable and I would suggest you trust his judgement in correcting the other.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

+1

Along with the breast augmentation one option would be to do a periareolar lift.  This helps to bring the breast tissue closer to the body.  Do some research on the internet to view before and after photos.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  While we don't have a pre-operative photo to review, tuberous breasts can be very challenging to correct.  I think your surgeon has achieved a very nice result.  I would recommend that you give it a few months and see how your breast shape and areolar size look once they stabilize.  At that point you might want to consider an office procedure to improve your areolar symmetry, assuming that your PS is in agreement. Best of luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Should a revision be done after correction of a tuberous breast

+1

Based on the photos your result looks very good, and a tuberous breast correction is not a simple breast augmentation. There are challenges to the skin envelope which will need to work out over time. We would suggest you hold off on revisions for the present.

Natural fill may be the answer !

+1

You may want to think about two things to improve your breast results. First is fill of the lower pole with your own fat and stem cells from fat (naturalfill).This method is a nice way to round out this lower area and it is your own tissue. You also could set the nipple back from being "puffy" with an incision around the areola.Best .

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for your surgical history and series of posted photos. One option is to leave this very acceptable result alone. Otherwise you could be chasing the perfection with continual surgeries. Sorry for being so direct but I think your result again is very good. 

Revision of tuberous breasts

+1
Correction of tuberous breasts, particularly with asymmetry, is a challenge. You have not provided preop photos but I will say that your result is actually quite good. Remembe that breasts are not symmetrical. You could have the nipple areolar complex corrected on the left side but then I think it is time to take a break from surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD