What else beside Deviated Septum? Nasal Valve Collapse? (photo)

hey guys! seeing as my nostrils are incredibly uneven and crooked, I think something is wrong, I have trouble breathing through both nostrils, especially my left, and dont feel the same amount of cartilage on my left that is on my right. I have never done any surgical procedure before or used drugs I want to fix it, but am not sure of what to make of this. what is this called, how much would it cost? would insurance pay. Thanks

Deviated nasal septum and valve collapse

+1

The only way this diagnosis can be made as to see in ENT/ facial plastic surgeon so that they can examine the internal and external portion of the nose to make a determination. For more information about nasal surgery, diagrams, and  our rhinoplasty photo gallery, please see the link below

Deviated Septum

+1

Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to evaluate your nasal concerns based upon the provided picture.  It's quite possible that you have a deviated septum, but for now, your best bet would be to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon specialized in ENT (ear, nose and throat).  During the consultation, the doctor can determine precisely what's wrong with your nose, and recommend a suggested course of action. It's also possible that the doctor will ask you to go for a CT scan for further sinus and nasal evaluation.  

You should research doctors thoroughly, and find one with a history of rhinoplastic work that you feel confident with.  One you choose your doctor, functional work (your breathing issues) can be fixed, as well as cosmetic if you choose to do so. 

I hope this information was helpful, and best of luck!

Robert Guida, MD

Nasal Deviation

+1

Hi there,

The close up photo is limited as well as off angle. However, it would appear that you have a nasal deviation to the left. I can not tell if it involves bone as well, but it appears as if it does. Typically there is a septal deviation as well as valve collapse and inferior turbinate hyptertrophy. These can be corrected with a foundation Rhinoplasty procedure to straighten the nose. Other aesthetic changes could be made as well, but those have no relationship to breathing.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may benefit from consulting a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon to see what to expect following surgery.

+1

Your up-close nasal photo is inadequate for evaluation. Feel free to re-ask your question with full-face frontal, oblique, and profile photos. You can put modesty squares over your eyes if you prefer.

I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

What else beside Deviated Septum? Nasal Valve Collapse?

+1

You will need an exam to determine what may be appropriate.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.