Am I Elligable for Lipo?

I have stretch marks on my sides but not my stomach. Ive read that if you have stretch marks you cannot get lipo because the skin wont tighten up. I dont really care about getting rid of the strecth marks I just want the pooch to go away. Am I okay for lipo or would a tummy tuck be better?

Even with stretch marks you can still get a great result from liposuction.

+2

You should do fine for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks or hips.  Expect to pay about $5000-6000 and enjoy  the new you.  Even with stretch marks, you should be just fine.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Indications for liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction may be performed on the abdomen in order to avoid the areas on the flanks where you have stretch marks. If there is skin excess as well as muscle laxity of the abdomen, then a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) may be better to improve its appearance.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Stretch markls and liposuction

+1

Stretch marks are an indication of poor quality skin.  It would be difficult to say what the pouch is without examining you. Sometimes it is fat, and sometimes it is also weak muscles in the lower abdomen in which a tummy tuck may the better solution.

Liposuction and stretch marks. Depends on the bulge

+1

Liposuction is great in the flanks and abdomen when the skin is in good condition, however if there are stretch marks in the area of the liposuction, it may indicate that your skin is permanently damaged and may not contract when the underlying fat is removed. I would not say that because you have stretch marks that you are not a candidate for liposuction, but if you have had children and have stretch marks in the central abdomen, the bulge may be more from underlying abdominal wall laxity (diastasis recti) and excess skin coupled with some fat. If that is the case a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) combined with liposuction may be more effective in treating the bulge. If you just have stretch marks in the flank as shown in your photo, and no extra abdominal skin, you will do great with liposuction as the skin in this area tends to be thicker and will contract after suctioning. I hope this helps.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Liposuction and Liposculpture of the Abdomen and Flanks

+1

Even though, we don't have a picture of the front of your tummy, you appear to be a GREAT candidate for conservative Liposculpture / Tumescent Liposuction of the abdomen. You do have enough elasticity of the skin to allow it to contract and give you an excellent result.

Your surgeon should be committed to getting you the best result by being patient when doing the procedure, and by using small liposuction cannula.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Liposuction on the abdomen when stretch marks are on the flank

+1

If you are examined and found to have fatty deposits over the muscle wall of the abdomen and under the skin, then you probably are a candidate, despite the stretch marks on the flank. If you had stretch marks on the stomach, you still could get good retraction as the fat is reduced, but the texture of the skin would be less than optimal.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction for the abdomen

+1

Liposuction is a great option for the abdomen in women who have overall reasonable skin quality.  GIven your one photo, I think it would probably work well to reduce the amount of fat on the hips and the lower abdomen.  I would also offer one other thought-- if you have had children the muscles of the abdomen may also have been stretched, creating a fuller look to the lower abdomen in particular.  It's important to understand that liposuction will not fix this-- only a tummy tuck will-- so as long as you understand the limitations of the procedure, I think you will do very well.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Liposuction for abdomen.

+1

Your photo shows that you probably will only need liposuction and not a tummy tuck. Make sure you see an experienced liposuction surgeon for the best results.

Localized fat deposits will benefit from liposuction

+1

Despite stretch marks skin elasticity may be adequate for liposuction. Stretch marks will reflect a period of rapid growth and development,  pregnancy, or rapid weight gain. The skin elasticity is often good enough for liposuction to provide a good result. Liposuction should be very effective in reducing the abdominal bulge and full areas along the hip without causing skin laxity. Tummy tuck should not be necessary.

peterejohnsonmd

A personal examination will best answer your questions.

+1

Provided you understand that liposuction will not fix the stretch marks, liposuction is a great option for helping to flatten the stomach.  Flank liposuction will help with the side contours of your waist.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how much skin contraction you will achieve.  For maximum safety, look for a surgeon how offers pure tumescent liposuction performed while you are awake.  This procedure is much safer than having liposuction under general anesthesia.  Typically dermatological surgeons offer this procedure and as I recall you have a good choice of cosmetic dermatologists in Sacramento.