Can I Expect Nice Results from a Breast Lift No Aug. and Tummy Tuck at 194 Lbs? (photo)

Age: 39 Weight:194 Height: 5'6 Children: 1

Getting good results from a mommy makeover

It appears as though you can get nice results, but if you get close to your ideal BMI this will most likely give you even better results.  More skin will be removed once you get close to your ideal BMI optimizing your tummy tuck results.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Within 10% of ideal body weight is best...

Your pictures and history suggest that you might be an excellent candidate for Mommy Makeover surgery. This procedure includes breast lift surgery, abdominoplasty and liposuction. Results with this procedure are optimal when patients are within 10% of their ideal body weight. This not only improves the results, but lowers the complication rate as well.
With a current weight of 194 lbs., you would benefit from weight loss prior to surgery.Unfortunately, the vast majority of patients are unsuccessful at losing this additional weight.It’s also important to realize that even when patients are overweight, they can potentially benefit from these procedures.We therefore, evaluate every patient on an individual basis.
Once the decision has been made to proceed, abdominoplasty, breast lift and liposuction of the hips and thighs would be appropriate for you. The abdominoplasty would remove excess skin and tighten the underlying abdominal muscles, liposuction would improve contour by removing fat from the hips and thighs and breast lift surgery would lift the breasts into normal position.With your current breast volume, I don’t believe a breast implant would be necessary.
This combination is associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction.It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the area.This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Satisfaction with an operation will depend upon your expectations.

You may or may not be pleased with the results of a well performed mommy makeover depending on your expectations. You will definitely be different but you need to make sure that kind of different is what you want.

Expect improvement with lift and tummy tuck

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  Without a vertical incision it is possible to elevate the breast higher on the chest wall, reshape the breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness and cleavage.  This technique does not leave the unsightly vertical scars or the boat anchor shaped incisions.  I recommend a new technique called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.  This helps patients lose weight and maintain the reduced weight.  From your desired photographs, I do not believe I could achieve the abdomen results, however, you will be improved.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I Expect Nice Results from a Breast Lift No Aug. and Tummy Tuck at 194 Lbs?

If you have attained a stable weight, the mommy makeover can give you a nice result.  The result could be improved with additional weight loss.    You can have a lift without an implant to be sure.  You may want to consider liposuction of your flanks to tighten the waist and create the hourglass shape.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mommy makeover

As long as your weight is stable and you are healthy I cannot see why the surgery your asking for performed by a competent surgeon could not give you the results you desire.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Weight

Hello there

At your current weight you can only expect a limited improvement and you are at significantly increased risk of complications and poor scarring .

I wouldn't think of having an operation until your weight is significantly reduced .

It is too risky and you will probably find the result disappointing .

Best of luck

Terrence Scamp

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question

You can expect nice results from a Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck. You may need some Lipo for a better body contour. Its best you see a Plastic Surgeon who can support you along your journey

All the best.

Good Results from Breast Lift without Augmentation and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your breasts' “starting point”,  I think you should be able to achieve a very nice result after breast lifting, without the need for breast implants. At some point, for accurate advice of course, best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

You should consider undergoing body contouring surgery once you have achieved a long-term stable weight, if you are not already there.   Achieving a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing surgery will allow you to proceed with improved safety considerations and outcome as well. The potential need for additional surgery will be minimized.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the photos.  I think you have plenty of breast volume to get an excellent result with a breast lift alone.  Realize that the tummy tuck will flatten and narrow your waist, which will give the illusion that the breasts are bigger.  Good Luck!