Breast lift without areola reduction? (photo)

Hello im 23 years old and after my baby and breastfeeding I really want a breast lift and augmentation. My concern is that I eventually want more children and breastfeeding them is essential for me also i DONT want a reduction on my areolas is it possible to keep my areolas the same size or the most minimal loss of the areola

Breast lift

+2

Dear Marce5,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures the following is noticed: ptosis ( droopiness ) level 3 ( highest ), large and asymmetrical areolas, areolas positioned too close to the midline. All these conditions can be corrected with the key hole breast lift. It would be beneficial for you to reduce some , the size of the areolas in order to make them more symmetrical and attractive. Consult with board certified plastic surgeons and check the before and after to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

Yes that is possible. You may keep them the same size and have a lift with implants and the ability to breast feed is unchanged. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can have implants, breast lift, and keep areola size the same!

+2

Though most plastic surgeons would use a "standard" areola size of about 4cm diameter, careful and artistic planning and design can yield the desired outcome. You would still need a scar around the areolas, but this does not mean they are detached and skin grafted, just simply repositioned. They would still retain their ductal attachments, and in most cases you would retain the ability to breast feed subsequent children. No one can or should give you a "guarantee," but I quote the odds at around 85%.

If a guarantee is important, then you should not have breast lift plus implants until you are finished having babies and breast feeding them. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without areola reduction?

+1

The breast lift with augmentation does not have to alter the size of the areolae.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breastfeeding and breast surgery

+1

Unfortunately, no one can assure you that you can breast feed after a breast lift - even one that does not change your areolar size. Odd are that you will not have any problem, but if a patient of mine says that breastfeeding "is essential" than I don't like to take a chance. If you are desperate to do something now, then you can have an augmentation through the inferior mammary crease (under the breast) which would be the least likely to cause problems with breastfeeding (compared to the areolar incision) - it's still not zero risk but pretty darn low. In addition, the breast augmentation will give you some lift, especially if the implant is placed lower in the breast. You should also consider liposuction to the lateral breast/flank as well- looking at your picture you have some extra fat over there. It's making you read as "wide" even though you are thin. You can do a breast lift after kids, eventually, and leave your areola larger.

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

Areola size chosen by patient

+1
There is a technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift(TM). This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. The size of the areola can be selected by the patient, nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed are maintained. Implants are not needed because the areola and breast tissue are aligned over the bony prominence of the chest wall to maximize anterior projection. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without areola reduction?

+1

Yes, it is possible to have a breast lift and keep the areola the same size.However, most plastic surgeons would recommend having a breast lift after you are done having children.This is due to the fact that your breast will change shape during pregnancy and after breast feeding.If you get the breast lift and then get pregnant, there is a possibility that you may need another surgery after you are done breast feeding.I would suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss this issue.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon