Am I Eligible for a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I got rhinoplasty approx. a year and a half ago, and I can't say i'm fully satisfied with my results. Although the results are better than what I had, this isn't what I asked for. I feel my nose is still too large for my face and is droopy. When I told the doctors I am not satisfied with my result, they said surgery could worsen it due to scar tissue? It seemed like they weren't telling the truth - I got a vibe that they were unwilling to operate for their own reasons. My original surgeon STILL refuses to do anything. Do I just have to save money for revision rhinoplasty? Would I be able to get money back since they refuse to operate and it isn't what i asked for? I spent my osap money (i was desperate) on this surgery and now I have nothing left. What are my options?

Am I Eligible for a Revision Rhinoploasty

+2

Your nose can be reduced and the tip elevated. You should also consider a chin implant. If your not satisfied a revision would be appropriate. In addition to talking to your surgeon once again, get a second opinion from an experienced revision specialist. Scarring is always present after surgery but revisions are done everyday in patients like you.   

Rhinoplasty dissatisfaction.

+2

Based on 35 years of experience I see no reason NOT to have a revision to shorten and deproject your nose if that is what you want. 

You may consider consulting several revision rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

+2

Your photo appears to reveal an overprojected, droopy tip, and a small profile bump. You also appear to have thick skin which may limit the amount of refinement you might expect after revision rhinoplasty.

Your candidacy for revision rhinoplasty would be determined at the time of your consultation.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revison Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

From the pics it looks like you can set your nose back (de-project) the bridge and tip. You may also be a candidate for a chin implant but no reason why you would not be a candidate for a revision rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

+2

I'd have to see your before picture.  Your surgeons may be happy with the result because that's their aesthetic and they discussed those goals with you.  If you want a smaller nose it's possible, and yes there are additional risks, just like with any surgery.  Revision surgery is not uncommon today, because so many surgeons (with varying experience levels) are doing rhinoplasty and patient's expectations and demands are higher.  Remember, triangular noses that fit the face and look natural are ideal.

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I Eligible for a Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

You appear to have had a good result, although I haven't seen your pre-operative photos. However your nasal tip could be rotated and your nose made slightly smaller. A chin implant would help augment the impression of a smaller nose. I suspect your surgeon doesn't want to reoperate because he feels he has acheived a good result and worries about then making it worse. However revisions like your are done every day.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Over hard over the internet to respond if you are a candidate for revision rhinoplasty. Best to seek ONLY in person opinions. My guess is YES but only in person nasal examination would be the proper path. 

Candidate for revision rhinoplasty

+1

If your nose is bothering you that much, then you could benefit from a revision rhinoplasty. A reduction rhinoplasty and a chin augmentation will bring a better harmony to your facial features. You need to find an expert rhinoplasty that does revision cases. Good luck, Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly possible to offer a revision rhinoplasty. The best thing that you could do is go for a consultation,. Good luck.

Eligible for secondary rhinoplasty

+1
You can have a secondary rhinoplasty if you are not satisfied with your nose. Look for a surgeon who is experienced, as scar does make the procedure more difficult.