Invisalign vs. Lingual Braces to Fix Crossbite?

I would like to try invisalign or lingual braces but I would prefer anything that could fix my crossbite faster. Also,the lower teeth are tilting a little bit towards my crossbite.

Lingual Braces Give Your Orthodontist More Control

+2

Invisalign and lingual braces are two aesthetic options for correcting the crossbite pictured. Invisalign is a series of clear aligners that sequentially move each of the teeth to their desired final positions. The treatment plan is determined before the aligners are constructed and the success of the outcome is determined by the cooperation of the patient and the response of the patients teeth. Lingual braces on the other hand work just like braces, giving the orthodontist more control, and they can be adjusted anytime during treatment. Discuss these two options with an orthodontist that provides both options so that you will get an unbiased recommendation. Good luck!

Albuquerque Orthodontist

Invisalign to fix front tooth crossbite

+2

My first choice in your case would be Invisalign. We reserve the use of the Incognito lingual braces to those cases that our outside the range of Invisalign.

Great photo to show the fit of the bite.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Bite correction

+2

It looks as though you have a pretty crowded bite.  It would be a very tough case to tackle with invisalign.  WHile invisalign is great for 90 percent of the cases out there, there are some people who just don't qualify or the result would be compromised.  Invisalign is cheaper.  I would suggest fixed praces fro you either buccal or lingual with a prescription appliance.  Don't go by price.  Ask the clinician to see some before and after photos of some tough cases he has done.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Correcting anterior crossbite

+1

Although correcting posterior cross bite is a challenging movement for Invisalign, anterior crossbite correction is a predictable movement. I treated several cases, actually worse then yours, with a very nice results. Treatment usually takes 12-18 month. Please see my gallery of before and after cases.

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.