What is Elicon?

A doctor injected some fillers to my breast and they called it Elicon. Is it safe?

Silicone injections such as Elicon are NOT safe for breast injection

+1

Elicon is a silicone liquid that they used to inject into the breasts in Japan. This technique has NOT been shown to create consistent results and can produce severe scarring and deformity to the breasts.

It is NOT recommended. 

There are more effective and safe ways to augment your breasts. Please keep your health and safety first and only work with a board certified plastic surgeon who can review your options with you.

Elicon is Silicone oil or gel

+1

Sung,

Elicon is a liquid silicone product that was used in the late 1950's in Japan for injection into the breast for augmentation. It was introduced to the United States in the early 1960's for the same purpose. Since that time, its complications have been widely reported and range from lumps and scarring to sores and even gangrene. So, I would say no, it is not safe.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD