What is Elicon?

A doctor injected some fillers to my breast and they called it Elicon. Is it safe?

Liquid silicone to the breast

+1
Hello sung, thank you for your question.
As for your question, I can answer that was unfortunate the fact you have this substance injected into your breast tissues.
Biopolymers (liquid silicone, Poly Acrylamide Gel, PMMA, Macrolane, etc), ALWAYS should be removed, because you present at any time iatrogenic allogenosis and probably A.S.I.A. syndrome.
I developed the technique of resection of biopolymers in buttocks and lower back through video – endoscopy, a surgery made with minnimal incissions. Other techniques such as liposuction , VASER, LASER or are absolutely ineffective in treating this type of situation.
Our plastic surgery center specializes in the treatment of Biopolymers injections (permanent fillers: liquid silione, Polyacrylamide Gel, PMMA, Biogel, Macrolane, Metacryletc.) to the face, buttocks and other soft tissue and its complications. We see patients that came worldwide who have complications arising from Biopolymers injections to soft tissues. The Biopolymers cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can cause permanent damage to the tissues known as Iatrogenic Allogenosis and an autoimmune syndrome (A.S.I.A. Syndrome). In our plastic surgery center, I developed the technique of resection of biopolymersin face, buttocks and lower back through video – endoscopy, a surgery made with minnimal incissions to treat patients with permanent deformities secundary to Biopolymers injections. Other techniques such as liposuction, VASER or LASER are absolutely ineffective in treating this type of situation.
I hope it has been helpful.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Hola sung, gracias por su pregunta.

En cuanto a tu pregunta, puedo responderte que fue poco afortunado el hecho de haberte hecho inyectar esta sustancia en tus senos.
Los biopolimeros SIEMPRE deben ser retirados pues presentarás en algún momento alogenosis iatrogénica y probablemente Sindrome de A.S.I.A.
Nuestro Centro de Cirugía Plástica se especializa en el tratamiento de biopolimeros (rellenos permanentes: silicona liquida, poli acrilamida gel, PMMA, Biogel, Macrolane, Metacryl, etc.), inyectados en el rostro, glúteos y otros tejidos blandos y sus complicaciones. Recibimos pacientes de todo el mundo que presentan complicaciones originadas por la inyeccion de biopolímeros. Los biopolímeros causan una reaccion inflamatoria severa que puede causar daño permanente a los tejidos conocida como Alogenosis Iatrogénica y un síndrome de auto inmunidad (Síndrome de A.S.I.A.). En nuestro Centro de Cirugía Plástica, desarrollé una técnica de retirada de biopolímeros en el rostro, los glúteos y la esplada baja a través de video-endoscopia, una cirugía realizada a través de incisiones mínimas para tratar pacientes con deformidades permanentes secundarias a inyecciones de Biopolímeros. Otras técnicas como liposucción, LASER o VASER son absolutamente ineficientes en el tratamiento de esta situación.
Espero le haya sido útil.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Silicone fillers for the breast - removal of silicone

+1

Silicone injections have become quite commonplace, especially since volume fillers have become more prevalent. Patients are often in search of permanent fillers that do not have to be replaced, but rarely understand that these fillers come with longterm complications, including inflammation, a rejection reaction, and fibrosis.  Our office specializes in silicone removal for patients who have undergone these fillers in the face and body. We have seen quite a few patients regain their livelihood once the fillers are removed.

None of these fillers is appropriate for the breast.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone injections such as Elicon are NOT safe for breast injection

+1

Elicon is a silicone liquid that they used to inject into the breasts in Japan. This technique has NOT been shown to create consistent results and can produce severe scarring and deformity to the breasts.

It is NOT recommended. 

There are more effective and safe ways to augment your breasts. Please keep your health and safety first and only work with a board certified plastic surgeon who can review your options with you.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Elicon is Silicone oil or gel

+1

Sung,

Elicon is a liquid silicone product that was used in the late 1950's in Japan for injection into the breast for augmentation. It was introduced to the United States in the early 1960's for the same purpose. Since that time, its complications have been widely reported and range from lumps and scarring to sores and even gangrene. So, I would say no, it is not safe.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD