Can Elf Ears Be Fixed?

My ears are asymmetrical. My left ear is pointy like an elf and my right ear is less pointy and sticks out. Can this be fixed?

Fixing asymmetrical ears...

+1

The problem that you describe is not uncommon.  Many people have small differences from side to side and that needs to be remembered postoperatively in that it may not be possible to make them exactly alike.  Having said that, it is possible to make a nice improvement on the ear that sticks out by performing a standard otoplasty.  The pointy ear may need some cartilage shaved, or bent in a different way.  Make an appointment with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to see what needs have to be met. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Asymmetry

+1

Most here  deformities/asymmetries can be improved understanding that absolute symmetry will likely not be achieved. It would behoove you to see a well-trained experienced otoplasty surgeon for direct examination and advice.

Elf ears can be fixed

+1

The cartilage of the ear can be formed and shaped to make changes in projection and contour.  There are a lot of different ear shapes and irregularities but your plastic surgeon should be able to make the changes that you desire.  Discuss you goals with a board certified plastic surgeon and you will have a good chance of getting a nice improvement.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon