Possible to Elevate Cheekbone Prominence?

High cheekbone is an often used term but intuitively I would understand this to mean the chee prominence is further up from the bottom of the face. Is this correct? Reason I ask is because I hope to get malar implants that will make my face more angular and sharp without widening my face much. Is this possible to implement on my bone structure? The most prominent area of my cheekbone seems to be on a horizontal line only 1cm up from the base of my nose. Is the implant placed directly on this?

Elevating Cheek Bone Prominence

+1

You cannot elevate the cheek bone prominence, but you can elevate the soft tissues (muscle, fat, and skin) if the cheeks have actually fallen. A cheek implant is placed over the bone fulness which is palpable just below and lateral to your eye socket.

+1

Cheek Augmentation can be performed using fillers like Perlane and Radiesse.  Cheek Implants can be used for permanent augmentation.  The most important factor is selecting a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Elevating Cheekbone Prominence

+1

Malar implants as you suggest will work well.  However, if you are looking for a temporary trial to see how you like the look, I would suggest a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane injected over the cheek bones.  This will give you the same look without the permanence or recovery required with surgery.  Additionally, if you do not like the look, the filler is easily reversible with a special enzyme injection.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD