Electromyographic for Monitoring Nasal Muscles?

Muscles like the depressor septi nasi and the levator labii do have an influence on the (position) of the nasal tip and its dynamics. Is it possible to get an electromyographic to monitor the dynamics of these muscles prior to a rhinoplasty?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

No!

+2

No!  Don't over think this.  The answer is no no no.  Realself requires a minimum of 2 lines for an answer so I have to keep saying no no no till the minimum is reached. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Over Thinking A Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Jennifer,

I do not see a correlation between an EMG and the preparation/planning for a Rhinoplasty.

Is there something in particular you are trying to accomplish?

I believe that you are over-thinking based on what you have presented in your post.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

That's Correct (NO)

+1

An electromyographic study seems a bit "over the top?"  The answer is "NO" but what made you consider this type of study?

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon