Is Electrolysis Safe on or Near Areas with Fillers?

Electrolysis around dermal fillers

+1

Although there are not studies evaluating the use of electrolysis around areas with previous filler use, it should pose no problem. The level of treatment for electrolysis is much more superficial than the typical depper application of fillers.

Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Electrolysis and fillers for wrinkles of upper lip

+1

This should be safe around the fillers. However, to be honest, I am not aware of any study truly evaluating this. It has been my observation, over time and not necessarily a medical fact, that aggressive and repeated electrolysis of the upper lip can produce intradermal scarring that mimics smoker lines. Laser hair removal may be a better option.