Electrical Shock Sensation, 1 Year Post Breast Augmentation?

I had implants, placed under the muscle about a year ago (500cc right and 550cc left). I love the overall look of my right breast but the left one has always felt a bit "off" and has muscle distortion when I flex. Recently, I noticed if I put inward pressure on my left breast, in the lower cleavage area, I feel an electrical shock sensation that runs through to my nipple. I know nerve damage can result from surgery but I am over a year post op and just now noticing this. Should I be concerned?

Uncomfortable Sensation 1 Year After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear CandianGirl,

The "electrical shock" sensation that you have been experiencing could be a result of a nervous or muscular injury. Although you are 1 year post surgery, nerve injuries take long periods of time to recover.

As for the muscular distortion when you flex, it could be due to a deflection in the anatomical position of the pectoralis muscle.

I encourage you to consult with your surgeon as he/she knows the exact details of your surgery hence ruling out several possibilities in order to point out the cause of the discomfort you are enduring.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Electric shock sensation after breast augmentation

+1

The muscle distortion you describe may be related to animation ferocity as a result of sub muscular placement of the implant or partial separation of the lower fibers of origin of the pectorals major muscle. As for the electric shock sensation, it may be related to nerve injury. It is best for you if you address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Electrical Shock Sensation after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Given that you have noticed a change in sensation/discomfort recently, it may behoove you to be examined by your plastic surgeon. He/she is in the best position to rule out  complications such as breast implant encapsulation. Once this is ruled out, then it is most likely that your “electrical shock sensation” is related to musculoskeletal strain ( for example after strenuous exercise/work).

Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon for  physical examination and advice.