Electric Shock on One Side After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

A week ago I had an under the muscle breast augmentation with 250 in each silicone implant. On my left side by my sternum is what feels like a muscle, which when I touch it goes very taut across my left breast and electric shocks me. The 'muscle' is just at the base of my breast close to my sternum. It is incredibly painful but only present on one side, my right is healing without drama, what is this please? Also, as a side note I walk quickly, how damaging is that for my breasts while wearing a soft bra?

Breast Augment

+1

Even though you are having the same operation on the right as the left the healing is aways different. Sounds like a nerve may have been bruised giving the sensations. These typically subside in a few weeks to months

Sub muscular breast augmentation is more painful than sub glandular.

+1

The discomfort you're describing is not unusual for sub muscular augmentations. The photograph does not present anything alarming. Condition your breasts with the soft bra that does not irritate the incisions.

Electric Shock on One Side After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Each patient has her own unique pattern of sensations after breast augmentation, and yours is not uncommon. These feelings almost always resolve, without specific explanation. Nothing on the photo looks at all unusual. Discuss with your surgeon. All the best.

Discomfort after breast augmentation

+1

Discomfort after breast augmentation will vary from patient to patient. Some sensations of electricity is not uncommon. If concernced speak to your surgeon.

+1

Dear Caitlin, Everything you say and your photo sounds and look totally normal at this point.  It is common to have asymmetrical pain with one side worse than the other. Sometimes the muscle on one side is different from the other side and has to be released more extensively, causing this issue.  This will heal and pain should go away within a few weeks.  Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to be worried

+1

It is ok at this time to have these complaints. This shall wear off during the next weeks. If other simptoms arise  and/or you not get better  during the next 3-4 months you should contact your doctor  to further investigation.

Ronaldo Webster, MD
Brazil Plastic Surgeon