Elective Lipo W/ an Insured Reduction?

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to get elective liposuction if you are having a reduction paid for by government insurance ( I am in Canada, Sk.). I am very straight (with a bit of love handle I just can't get rid of) and I am concerned that once I have the reduction it will make my waist more noticeable. Is that possible? And if so what would the general cost be? Also, is the area under your arms routinely done as well if there is breast tissue present?

Lipo

+1

A small volume liposuction is perfectly safe to have with your breast reduction. I do not know how this will work out in Canada

Elective Liposuction and Breast Reduction

+1

Elective liposuction can be performed with insurance covered breast reduction.  It may be reasonable to charge $2000 or $3000, depending upon the time required, the operating room costs, and the anesthesia fees incurred.

Liposuction at Time of Breast Reduction?

+1

Although your own plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you precisely (for example whether or not you are a good candidate for liposuction of the area of concern),  it is not uncommon for patients to have additional procedures performed at the same time that breast reduction is performed under insurance coverage.

Lipo & BR

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, we routinely liposuction out the tail or flank of the lateral breast area to decrease the width of the breast at the time of a patients Breast Reduction at no additional cost. Yes, Liposuction can be done at the time of a Breast Reduction. It is important that your surgeon evaluates you for such a combined procedure for risks & possible complications. Some patients can require an overnight stay or observation.
I am not familiar with the Canadian Health Care System. Consider giving your breast surgeon a call and ask them to address your concerns. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon