Pregnancy After Augmentation?

HI! I had my breasts done in feb, and now that it's june I recently found out im pregnant. I have 450cc under the muscle. They have gotten SLIGHTLY bigger but really not noticeable to anyone but me. Hubby hasn't noticed them growing at all. I am currently a 34D with my last child I got up to a 34D or DD when the milk came in. Can I expect the same results and should I expect drooping or sagging?

Breast Changes after Breast Augmentation and Subsequent Pregnancy?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure and the pregnancy.  Exactly how your breasts will change during and after pregnancy is unpredictable.  Much will depend on genetics, weight gain/loss during pregnancy,  quality of skin elasticity etc.

Your best bet, to avoid significant changes, would be careful weight control;  avoid severe weight fluctuations under the supervision of your OB/GYN.  

Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy.

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

Your breasts might sag a little after breastfeeding requiring a lift, but I wouldn't recommend a lift until you're done having kids and breastfeeding is completed.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Pregnancy After Breast Augmentation

+1

In general, the breast enlarges quite consistently with every pregnancy. The question becomes what will happen to the skin and breast tissue after the delivery and after breastfeeding if you choose to do so. This is unpredictable. You may develop more sagginess, lose breast volume, and/or have shape changes in which case you may choose to replace the implants for larger ones and/or have a lift procedure. This remains to be seen and is best discussed with your plastic surgeon. In the meantime, congratulations, and may you have an uneventful and comfortable pregnancy.

Gus Galante, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy After Breast Augmentation

+1

Congrats! As you know, your breasts will get larger during pregnancy (even larger than the implants alone). After pregnancy whether you have implants or not, the breasts may sag some and the nipple may move lower. As it turns out, if your breasts were small before breast augmentation, less change occurs. But, you still may get some change in the shape of the breasts.

Michael Horn, MD

Breast implants do not protect nor aggravate the consequences of pregnancy on the breast.

+1

Many women become pregnant after breast augmentation. Obviously pregnancy and breast-feeding can affect the appearance of the breasts. The breast implants don't really influence this one where the other.

Breast augmentation and pregnancy

+1

It is hard to predict how the breasts will respond with pregnancy.  More than likely they will engorge and grow like the previous time. As for sagging it is difficult to predict.