On Disability Income and Need Revision or Removal? (photo)

i saw a doctor yesterday for $75 he said I have encapsulation and won't die without surgery but i need it. I cant afford it, therefor I am seeing my GP on the 13th to ask for physical therapy and get lots of rest as recommended. I am in tons of pain and constantly crying cause i can't afford help. is there anything else i can do?

Need Revision or Removal

+2

Removal will be less expensive, and less likely to result in repeat surgery for recurrent symptoms. You may find a low priced option at a county hospital or university medical center. All the best. 

On Disability Income and Need Revision or Removal?

+2

Sorry but there are always expenses in having Cometic Surgery. Best to seek University residency programs in your city in Plastic Surgery for reduced fee surgery. 

Capsular contracture

+2

Physical therapy will not help a capsular contracture. Removal of the painful capsule and implant revision surgery will help. 

Encapsulated Breast Implants and Treatment Options?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful position you are in. Based on your  description, it sounds like you will benefit from capsulectomy surgery. Given that this type of surgery is associated with the potential for recurrence of the heavy scar tissue,  you may want to consider having the breast implants removed altogether as well. The question will be whether you will be pleased with the appearance of the breasts if you undergo removal of breast implants as well as capsulectomy surgery.

If your breast implants are significantly encapsulated then there is not much that can be done in the form of medication or nonsurgical therapy.

Implant Removal for Capsular Contracture?

+1

Given the capsular contracture and associated pain, removal of the implants is in order.   I would seek a training program as others have suggested.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA