When I Talk my Upper Invisalign Tray Falls off

So I have to stop talking and adjust it.. And that's embarrassing.. Is that normal??

Invisalign falling out when you speak

+2

This is definitely not normal. I would strongly urge you to make an emergency appointment with your orthodontist. It sounds like you most likely are not tracking well and will need new impressions taken for new aligners.

New York Orthodontist

Invisalign trays are too loose, they fall out

+2

Not heard this one before.

Invisalign works by the concept that each aligner is actually the next step in the orthodontic sequence to the tooth in question. This anomaly means that the aligner is actually tight.

Over a period of 2 weeks the tooth moves and the aligner loosens. 

Each tooth has an undercut around which the aligner fits, so they should not fall out.

It seems like you may have ill fitting aligners.

I

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays falls out while talking

+2

That is not normal.  Invisalign should be tightly fitting.  Make an appointment to see your dentist to determine the cause.  You may need new aligners made. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Falls Out When Talking

+2

No, it is NOT normal for the aligner tray to fall out or get loose while talking. See your dentist and have him check the fit of the aligners. You might need a new impression.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist