Can my Nose Get Symetrical? (photo)

im 18 years old and my nose used to be beautiful until age of 16 i started to see a hump on my nose , my parents dont have hump on nose, i used to wear eyeglasses since the age of 14 but i dont know if its pads caused that hump ,, i've surfed the internet for answers but it all end up with rhinoplasty but i dont wanna it as its risky and my face is big and a small nose wont fit it well , so i thought about breaking the red marked part so it swell and become straight ,is it possible ? Thanks

A more symmetrical nose

+1

It is certainly possible to get the nose symmetrical, but this will require a rhinoplasty to remove the hump and fill in the glabella area with cartilage graft.  Once the hump has been removed, osteotomies will need to be performed to give a balanced and symmetrical nasal profile.  This is an outpatient surgery and takes about an hour and a half under general anesthesia to perform.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great alternative for improving the nasal profile.

+1

You would be a great candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  This is a procedure in which fillers are placed under the skin with either a needile or a blunt-tipped cannula.  You would be a great candidate for the following reasons:

1. Fillers are great for straightening the nose, Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse can be placed above your bump to make the profile straight.
  2. You don't want a small nose.  Well said!  Fillers enhance your nose be lengthening it and making it more elegant, not making it too small for a long face.
  3. You want to avoid the risks of surgery.  Fillers involve far less risk and side effects than surgery.
  4. Depending on the filler you get, if you don't like it, you can reverse it.

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radix Augmentation

+1

Radix augmentation is done in some noses to improve the profile. However, in your case augmentation will not give you a straight profile without having your nose start very high at the eyebrows. See an experienced surgeon to discuss alternative techniques.

Dorsal hump reduction versus radix augmentation to achieve a straight profile in rhinoplasty

+1

You mentioned that you think that rhinoplasty is risky.  Trying to "break" the red, circled part of your nose in attempt to make it swell and become straight is way, way, way riskier.  The chances of your nose becoming more deviated and crooked are high, not to mention it's just generally a bad idea.    

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.