Effects of Massaging on Nose After Rhinoplasty

Hello, I had rhinoplasty and year ago to slightly carve the hump of my nose, reduce the width of my nose, and reduce the width of the nasal tip. Since 6 months after the surgery, I have been frequently massaging my nose. Will it in any way effect size of the nasal hump? effect the width of my nose? also will it effect the width of the nasal tip?

Massaging Nose 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Massaging your nose 1 year after your rhinoplasty will have no positive effect on your ultimate result. If you are not satisfied, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

After a year, massage does nothing to a nose.

+1

The nose is healed after a year and therefore, massage will do nothing to the shape of the nose,

Manaul lymphatic drainage versus massage for expediting swelling following nose job (rhinoplasty).

+1

I'm a little confused. Were you instructed to do so as part of the post-operative instructions or did you undertake this on your own. Commonly it may take up to 2 years for all swelling on the nose to improve. In some instances, physicians believe massage and especially manual lymphatic drainage may expedite resolution of edema and the associated fibrosis. However, this is typically performed by a certified individual.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.