What's the Most Effective Treatment for Removing Freckles on the Body?

I have patches of freckles and redness on my back, arms, and chest. What treatment works best on these areas?

Removing Frekles -Sun Marks on the Body

+1
There are a variety of methods to improve sun damaged skin.  Some of the options include topicals, IPL, or fractional laser devices.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Laser Treatments for Freckles

+1
For freckles and redness, there may be a few lasers that will work safely: IPL for both red and brown spots, VBeam alone for red spots, and Alex or Ruby lasers for brown spots. Make sure to see a certified dermatologist and laser specialist for an expert opinion.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Freckles on the Body

+1

I first would recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist to get a thorough skin exam done prior to doing any kind of treatment. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Pearl laser is not effective for freckles.

+1

The Pearl laser is a great tool for removal of color changes due to sun damage.  I have been disappointed when treating freckles, however.

Fraxel Dual...Most Effective Treatment for the Removal of Body Freckles

+1

Hi,

Fraxel Dual laser 1927 targets brown spots (freckles) and can be used safely, effectively, and rapidly over the entire body.  Good sun protection is essential once you have had your treatment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sciton BBL Light Treatment is the BEST way to remove non-cancerous blemishes and freckles

+1

Regarding: "What's the Most Effective Treatment for Removing Freckles on the Body?
"

The first order of business is to assure yourself that none of the moles / blemishes or freckles are cancerous. After a thorough exam, if everything is normal the vast majority of such skin pigmentations can be removed with 1 to 3 treatment of Broad Band Light (BBL), especially in the 515 frequency. Look BBL up on YouTube and you can see the treatment. It is commonly used on the hands, face, neck and upper chest.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Freckles on the body

+1
Having patches of redness and freckles may indicate significant sun damage from many years ago of sun exposure. You should see a dermatologist, if you haven't already, for a thorough skin check. Provided none of your lesions are suspicious, there are some lightening creams that will help lighten but not eliminate the freckles. The double frequency neodynium yag, IPL light source, V-beam, and Fraxel Restore and Dual lasers can all be used. All lasers do have risk of color change and very rarely, even scarring so you should discuss this with your physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD