Effective Treatment for Hypopigmentation Due to Acne Scarring?

I have been to dermatologists and and feel that they don't understand how much this means to me. I am searching for a treatment effective enough to improve the hypopigmentation. Makeup is noticeable and annoying. Are there any creams helpful for this? It's on my upperchest and spots on my back. It looks like spotty vitiglio. I have lost melanocytes. Does anyone have any insight or help for me?

Acne Scar Hypopigmentation

+1

Some have also experienced improvement with the Fraxel re:Store laser, but the results have been varied.  Be sure to ask your physician what their experience is and how much improvement to expect.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Excimer Laser or IPL

+1

The excimer laser which is used for vitiligo and psoriasis might be helpful for this problem. Similarly the psoriasis/vitligo handpiece of the IPL would be a good choice. It will take a series of visits however.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.