Most Effective Treatment to Even out Skin Tone?

I am a 39-year-old female and I'm interested to know what latest treatment the doctors would recommend for a smoother, more even-toned facial skin? In particular, I am interested in something that can help remove age spots, pigmentation, larger pores and fine wrinkles, is there a particular laser treatment, chemical peel, or other treatment you would recommend? Many thanks.

Achieving an even skin tone

+1

Hi there-

There are many effective ways of achieving the even, smooth appearance I think you are looking for.

I would recommend having a series of our Vi peels.

The Vi Peel is a phenomenal peel that consists of a synergistic blend of TCA, Phenol, Salicylic, Retin-a and Vitamin C. For some, one peel can offer nice results but in our Orlando Plastic Surgery and Skin Care Center, we see the most impressive results after a series of 3.

Results include all of your concerns: reduction of pigmentation, fine lines and a smoother, more even skin tone.

You do have to prepare for some down time with this peel- the day you have the peel done and the day after your skin is moderately red or bronzed. On day three after the peel your skin will become tight and begin to peel around the mouth. By day four you are peeling over the entire face and by day 5 the perimeter of your face and your neck are peeling.

After day five most patients can comfortably apply make-up.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Many roads to even out skin tone

+1

Your goals are very reasonable and attainable. There are many effective options for skin color and texture improvement. Here are just some of the options:

• Chemical peels (several to choose from)
  • Intense Pulsed Light
  • Fractional ablative and non-ablative lasers

Which you choose will depend on downtime you can tolerate and skin type, just to name two variables that should be considered.

I'd therefore recommend a board certified dermatologist whose in-depth training in the health of the skin would make them the ideal doctor to work with you to improve the health and appearance of your skin.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.