How Effective is Thermage on the Neck Area?

Thinking about having Thermage mainly to help with loose skin in neck area, is it worth the price?

Ulthera for the neck area in Los Angeles

+1

Although Thermage works well on the neck, I have found far better results in my practice with the Ulthera procedure for the neck. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Thermage is excellent at the neck area and jowels for tightening the skin

+1
Thermage is the only non-surgical, single treatment procedure, to tighten the skin.  Thermage is most effective in the lower face and neck with tightening skin that is a little loose.  If you have severe wrinkling or skin laxity, however, Thermage will not give you the results that you want.  You should see an experienced Dermatologist to make an informed decision to see if you are a good candidate.

Michele S. Green, MD

Thermage works great on the neck

+1

Thermage is a non-invasive, radiofrequency technique to tighten skin. I have incooporated Thermage to tighten face, neck, upper arms, buttocks, inner thighs, knees, and hands with great results. There are two generation Thermage units and I recommend checking with your surgeon/physician as to which unit he/she has. Having the second generation unit makes the procedures faster and better tolerated by the clients. Thermage has reduced the need for submental liposuction in many patients. Until my patients are ready for a surgical procedure to tighten the neck skin and remove fatty deposits, Thermage provides a non-invasive procedure with no down time. I highly recommend this treatment.

Randall Latorre, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for neck will work but multiple sessions may be necessary

+1

Thermage for tightening the neck works well however multiple sessions may be needed .

The procedure may be repeated every 4-6 months.

We use the 600 pulse tip for the neck area.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage on the neck

+1

Thermage treatments can be very effective on the neck if the problem is strictly one of loose skin. However, if the problem is related to fat, don’t expect Thermage to work.

Alternative approaches include SmartLipo and a new technology on which we have just finished the FDA studies. This technique, called Primaeva, is a fractional radiofrequency device that seems to deliver much more effective energy at exactly the place where you want it in order to tighten skin. This is a noninvasive treatment that shows great promise.

David Goldberg, MD

Thermage effectiveness

+1

An effective non-surgical option for reducing the appearance of fine lines is Thermage. Thermage is a non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin, renew facial contours, and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin.

The procedure uses radiofrequency technology called ThermaCool that has been clinically proven to tighten and gently lift skin to smooth out wrinkles and renew facial contours. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities. And unlike laser treatments, Thermage can be performed on patients of all skin types. Thermage can be used not only for sagging facial, neck, and eyelid skin; but also all over the body, including flabby arms, hands, and legs. Now approved by the FDA for improving cellulite. Tighten and lift without surgery, injections, or downtime.

However, Thermage can have variable results if not performed by an experienced doctor. The best way to protect yourself is to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who is professionally bound to engage only in techniques that have been deemed safe--after rigorous testing.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Predicting Thermage results

+1

Like other areas, results with Thermage on the neck depend upon a few factors. With more experience, we are getting better at predicting who will get a good response. Most importantly, because it works by stimulating the collagen in the skin to regenerate, there has to be some healthy collagen there to begin with. A good way to tell is if there is some elasticity to the skin; if you tug on it, it should snap back. This of course dimishes with age, so that is another factor.

Some people are down on Thermage because it was marketed as an alternative to a facelift which it isn't. If your skin is significantly loose then your results with Thermage will be disappointing. It is unfortunate that the more you need something done the less likely Thermage is to be the solution, but there are a lot of people in the in-between category, who have some laxity to the skin but not a lot. Typically these patients are in their late 30's's to early 50's.

Richard Baxter, MD