How Effective Can Skin Tightening Procedure Be for Post Liposuction Irregularities?

I do not want to go through a tummy tuck,as I just had a belt lipectomy (butt lift) with my liposuction and so not want to go throuth that kind of recovery for what I view as an ugly scar. However, I find myself despising my result more than the tiny bit of fat I had on my abdomen. It has left me with an uneven appeareance on my tummy which I can correct if I pull the skin tuant. The muscles on my abdomen if just fine, really no need for a full tummy tuck.

Uneven skin and liposuction - skin tightening vs. tummy tuck

+1

In all liklihood, no external tightening device such as Endermologie, Velashape, Thermage, or other technologies can deliver nearly as good a result with skin tightening as you can expect to obtain with an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). There are several forms of tummy tucks and the muscle does not need to be addressed in all cases.

Loose skin of belly after abdominal liposuction

+1

You gave us the answer yourself. Pulling the skin tight corrects the problem and there is no other way of achieving this with any consistency other than a full tummy tuck. IF we had a reliable method of tightening the skin we wouldn't have to do tummy tucks, face lifts, breast lifts, etc.

Tummy Tuck or Non-Surgical Skin Tightening for Post-Liposuction skin irregularities and loose skin

+1

Regarding: "How Effective Can Skin Tightening Procedure Be for Post Liposuction Irregularities?
I do not want to go through a tummy tuck
,as I just had a belt lipectomy (butt lift) with my liposuction and so not want to go throuth that kind of recovery for what I view as an ugly scar. However, I find myself despising my result more than the tiny bit of fat I had on my abdomen. It has left me with an uneven appeareance on my tummy which I can correct if I pull the skin tuant. The muscles on my abdomen if just fine, really no need for a full tummy tuck."

Respectfully, you question discloses major misunderstandings of Plastic Surgery which I would like to correct.
1. "I do not want to go through a tummy tuck,as I just had a belt lipectomy (butt lift) with my liposuction " - A Belt Lipectomy is similar to a Lower Body Lift and is the biggest body contouring operation we do  - a combination, Tummy Tuck, lateral Thigh Lift and Buttock Lift. I am guessing you had a Buttock lift NOT a Belt Lipectomy.

2. Liposuction deformities are best controlled by either removing the skin (Tummy Tuck) or by attempting to raise them with fat injections. Attempting to tighten damaged skin with various devices will NOT work.

3. When your tummy skin is SO loose that YOU can make it look better by pulling on it, you are essentially simulating a Tummy Tuck and should therefore have a Tummy Tuck. The scar can be hidden in the territory of the underwear.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

You've answered your own question, actually

+1

I'm sorry to say that it sounds like you need a tummy tuck. I know you said you don't want one and that you don't want that scar, but you also said that you can pull the skin taut and make it look good---there's your answer.  You need a tummy tuck to get a good result.  There are probably a lot of "cosmetic surgeons" (not plastic surgeons) out there who will gladly sell you a series of laser or radio-frequency treatments or endermologie or Smoothshapes or VelaShape and tell you it will give you good results, but I think you'd be wasting your money and time. 

A tummy tuck doesn't necessarily involve muscle tightening.  If you need it, it does.  But it does involve removal of extra skin, which is what it sounds like you need.

Carmen Kavali, MD