What's the Most Effective Scar Fade Cream?

Hello, I recently had a tummy tuck and now have a long reddish purplish scar. My doc recommended ScarFade cream, however its pretty expensive and my budget is tapped out after my surgery. Are there any other less expensive options that are just as effective in fading scars? Do any of the following work? Mederma, Vitamin E oil, Shea butter lotion Thank You

Scar Fade Cream

+1
Once the steristrips have fallen off, you may begin treating the scar with a scar treatment. I often recommend DERMATIX, a silicone gel that has helped my patients.  

No science to scar fade creams

+1

There is really no convincing science that one is better than another in my opinion.  Doing something however is better than doing nothing.

After using it on my patients for the last 10 years, I personally think emu oil beats them all.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

The differences in topical scar treatments not well studied

+1

Despite their marketing and catchy names, the differences between brand name topical scar treatments and those of the household variety is not clear. Certainly doing something topically is probably better than doing nothing. I think any that you have mentioned are reasonable and I would go with the one that is easiest to apply, least messy, and does not cause any irritation to your skin. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD