How Effective Would a Rhinoplasty/Genioplasty Be? (photo)

Here's my side profile and headshot, I'm wondering how much can be fixed with a rhinoplasty / genioplasty? Would I be able to reduce nostril size / nose hump? and would I be able to bring my jaw forward or is a chin implant better? I had correct orthodontics as I had a bad underbite before, but it didn't really help bring my jaw forward that much, only fixing the teeth alignment issue.

How Effective Would a Rhinoplasty/Genioplasty Be?

+2

Aesthetically speaking the nose is quite large and the chin is quite weak.  The nose can be made smaller and more thin witha Rhinoplasty while the Chin can be augmented using a Chin Implant.  I do agree aesthetically, based on the photos provided, that these are the major areas where facial aesthetics could be dramatically improved.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

A rhinoplasty with focus on reducing the dorsal hump, rotating the nose upwards slightly, and reducing the width of the nostrils and alar base would make a huge difference to the appearance of the nose. 

Adding a chin implant would go a long way to improve the overall balance of your face, and I believe would give you an excellent result.

Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Toronto

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Effective would a Rhinoplasty/ Genioplasty Be?

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin implant.  I would remove your dorsal hump, rotate your tip moderately, narrow your nasal bridge and alar base and do a chin implant.  These procedures would fix the issues that you have and in my hands, I believe, look excellent.  Good Luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

A rhinoplasty will eliminate your hump, improve tip projection and definition, and reduce the width of your nasal base. A chin implant, which should be done at the same time, will increase chin projection. Both of these procedures will dramatically improve your facial proportions.   

Rhinoplasty and chin implants

+1

It sounds like you want the surgery but are concerned how you will look afterwards. The best way to address these concerns is to see a surgeon in consultation and have him or her do some computer imaging to simulate the results of surgery. I think you will be happy with alar base reduction, removal of the dorsal hump and chin implant or genioplasty. You also need to speak with a surgeon face to face in order to decide between chin implant and genioplasty.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1

The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation would make a big difference in your facial balance and proportions. Whether an implant or a chin osteotomy should be used for your chin augmentation is a matter of debate. Given your young age and the degree of chin shortness and underbite, moving just the chin bone forward is probably better and would produce more of a significant change. But you should have computer imaging done to see these changes and then decide.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant to balance face.

+1

A rhinoplasty with chin implant is what you need to give your face balance and an attractive nose.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

With a genioplasty you can achieve a more dramatic result, meaning your chin will be brought forward more, but it is also a much more involved surgery with longer healing time.  A chin augmentation with an implant would make a significant improvement, and would probably give you the appearance you are looking for.  A rhinoplasty would be able to reduce your nose hump, nostril size and the overall appearance of your nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD