How Effective is Pubic Liposuction?

I plan on having it sometime next year but I would like to know it's effectiveness. I have measured my fat pad and it's 2.5 inhes or so. If I were to get the surgery how much of that fat would be removed and how many inches (if any) would be left after the final results?

Pubic Liposuction

+1

Pubic liposuction is effective and, if there is a thickness of 2.5 inches, you should notice a very nice improvement.  An exam will be necessary to determine if liposuction alone will be sufficient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pubic liposuction

+1
  • Pubic liposuction can be done alone, with a pubic lift or with other liposuction or surgery.
  • Plan the amount to be removed with your plastic surgeon. 50% is a guide but it varies.
  • Skin may be loose afterwards. It can be tightened with the tummy tuck
  • I have excellent results with standard microaire liposuction.
  • Laser or ultrasonic liposuction is an option. I have not myself seen any better results and it increases the cost. 

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

How Effective Is Pubic Liposuction?

+1

I frequently perform liposuction in the pubic area alone or while treating the abdomen as well. Patients are usually very happy with the results and I would agree with my colleagues and estimate that about half of the fat is removed in most cases. I would also agree with the use of ultrasonic liposuction is this area. A thorough exam is needed however. Good luck. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

The pubic area is an excellent area for having liposuction.

+1

Women don't like having a bulge in the pubic area.  Fortunately, this area is well-treated with liposuction.  In fact, I treat this area in most women when I perform liposuction or tummy tucks. 

Your question about how much the fat layer is thinned is an excellent one.  I did a study using MRIs to find the answer.  It turns out that the fat layer is reduced about 50%.  This is a pretty big difference.  Keep in mind you need to have some fat between the skin and the underlying connective tissue.  I use ultrasound to help in this area because it can be a little fibrous.  Results are excellent and you can view some on my website if you wish.  I've attached a link.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Pubic liosuction is effective with ultrasound

+1

Pubic liposuction is effective to reduce the bulge and the result can be excellent. The area is small however, and we find the addition of ultrasound which will liquify the fat much more effective that using a suction cannula alone, You can reduce the bulge by over half.

Liposuction of the mons pubis does great!

+1

Liposuction of the pubic area is very effective and makes a big improvement in most patients. It is done under local anesthesia with micro canulas with no done time and for roughly $2500 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon